weekly Zebs 52 week Challenge Week 16 Pride Added

Thanks for all your comments and advice taken on board, this week’s challenge looks tough good luck all.

Week 3 Sigh

I thought I would try something a bit different with this week’s theme other than showing something that makes you sigh.

I tried to find something with sigh in it and I have chosen a well known poem from William Shakespeare from the play (Much Ado about nothing) this is a shot taken of the transcript of the play off the local dramatic society.
I have had to crop it a bit so you are able to see the Poem.

Canon 5d mk2: 24-105mm L f8 at 1/200 ISO 100

Week 2 Sigh by zeb2012, on Flickr

Last edited:
This worked quite well actually. Like the pages behind the main one as well, helps give it that script feel to it.

Any one else think that Shakespeare got bored with trying to find rhyming words for bonny, to end it with 'Hey nonny, nonny'?

works for me, nicely composed and executed

Hi Trevor,

Three weeks into the challenge and three excellent shots from you, all nicely composed and processed. Your take on the themes is interesting, I have to say that you do a very good job on those written word type shots. I think my favourite so far is No 1.

Carol

Much ado is my favourite Shakespeare play, well remembered Trev ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Trevor, still trying to catch up with all the entries so apologies for not spotting you earlier.

Excellent start to your 52, looking forward to seeing more of your 52.

works for me, nicely composed and executed

Hi Trevor,

Three weeks into the challenge and three excellent shots from you, all nicely composed and processed. Your take on the themes is interesting, I have to say that you do a very good job on those written word type shots. I think my favourite so far is No 1.

Carol

Much ado is my favourite Shakespeare play, well remembered Trev ;)

Well lit and nice and clear. Good take on the theme.

That's a good one Trevor... Good colours and Nice and Sharp (y)

Hi Trevor

My first visit to your thread and I am liking what I see! Well done and good luck with the rest of the challenge

Chris

Hi Trevor, still trying to catch up with all the entries so apologies for not spotting you earlier.

Excellent start to your 52, looking forward to seeing more of your 52.

Thanks for all your comments they are very welcome,
Been a bit busy at work so I find I have to find something that I can shot at home at night roll on the light nights coming so I can get out after work and get some outdoor shots

Hey Trevor,

Well done for taking up the 52 challenge :)

Week 1 - Good, nice DOF and subject matter
Week 2 - a tighter crop of this would make it more powerful, imo
Week 3 - interesting take on it

keep up the good work :)

Hi Trev
good start to the challenge, all three images are on the theme.
Direction- good use of dof, nicely composed
Fear- My favourite of the three, great shot, colours great.
Sigh- very different take on the theme, simple and very effective.
well done

Hey Trevor,

Well done for taking up the 52 challenge :)

Week 1 - Good, nice DOF and subject matter
Week 2 - a tighter crop of this would make it more powerful, imo
Week 3 - interesting take on it

keep up the good work :)

Nothing like adding a bit of culture to the challenge , nice one.

Steve

Hi Trev
good start to the challenge, all three images are on the theme.
Direction- good use of dof, nicely composed
Fear- My favourite of the three, great shot, colours great.
Sigh- very different take on the theme, simple and very effective.
well done

A great take on the theme Trevor. I like it.

Thank you for all your comments.
Sorry if I haven’t got round to posting on everyone’s threads yet but I’m slowly getting round to everyone and trying to remember who I’ve commented on and when.

Direction : Nice interpretation, good use of DOF... I'm gonna agree on the glittery bit... perhaps toned down a bit.

Fear : An interesting shot, which I like, I think it might have looked good with the metal slightly lower in the frame, allowing the flames to show completely (if they aren't too high that is). Fear of fire... works

Sigh : Good job, fits the theme perfectly.

One tip, if you mouse over the icon with an arrow on it to the left of the threads in the 52 section this will tell you if you have posts in that thread and will give a day when you last posted. Also if you click on the tick box to the left of the thread title, this will take you to the first new post since you last visited the thread.

I like that for sigh! I think somehow it needs to emphasise sigh slightly more, but it's bang on theme :)

One tip, if you mouse over the icon with an arrow on it to the left of the threads in the 52 section this will tell you if you have posts in that thread and will give a day when you last posted. Also if you click on the tick box to the left of the thread title, this will take you to the first new post since you last visited the thread.

Cheers for the info

My week 4 Sweet:

After giving it a bit of thought I decided to go with this image to show the high sugar content of a can of coke i.e. this 330ml can has 35.0g =39% hence Sweet.

Canon 5d mk2: 17-40mm L. f10 at 1/200 ISO 1000. 430ex 11 Flash

Week 4 Sweet by zeb2012, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Love this shot, really works well as a general photo aswell as suiting the theme perfectly.
One question though, how the bloody hell is the can being held up?

Wow fantastic! If it is bluetac, how did you get the flow of sugar; you must have had to move very fast?

Dont think i can be bluetac, as the sugar on the bottom goes further back than the can. So it cant be stuck to a wall.
Im thinking selotaped to a stick or ruler on the back side of the can with the for-mentioned stick/ruler PP'd out from the bottom (Left side in the pic) of the can.

Brilliant result Zeb and agree its the best shot so far. I'm also wondering how it was done. Any chance of a set-up shot ?

Nick

Brilliant thinking Trev and execution is spot on Mate (y)
He held it and photo shopped his fingers out of the shot I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
huh? lol - very clever mister :clap:

Excellent shot, I still haven't done my "sweet" interpretation yet but it's going to have to take some thought to compare with this :LOL:

Thanks for all the comments all.
Had the afternoon off today and it took all afternoon to set this up and shot I’m trying to get my shots right in camera with little pp in Photoshop as i can get away with.

The idea was easy the execution something else I wish I had taken a shot of the set up now. I did try holding the can but could'nt hold it tight enough so i came up with the idea below

I drilled a big hole in the bottom of the can to pore the sugar in, the can is held by a threaded rod fixed into the back and put thru a hole cut into the card and clamped to a radiator behind then quickly fill the can up with sugar through a big hose remove hose and take photo, easy.

No it wasn’t was near to giving up as it was hard getting the sugar in and take a shot before the tin was empty hence the large pile of sugar. Had to Photoshop out the sugar in the crease of the card thou.

I drilled a big hole in the bottom of the can to pore the sugar in, the can is held by a threaded rod fixed into the back and put thru a hole cut into the card and clamped to a radiator behind then quickly fill the can up with sugar through a big hose remove hose and take photo, easy.

Smart thinking, I reckon I need to be more adventurous with my 52 as well :LOL:

fantastic shot, i think thats half the challenge of the 52, having the idea in your head and then finding a way to create it

Back