Zero's RIAT 2014

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
No
Had a great time this year :) got a bit sunburnt on Saturday :/ Here are a few I liked.
F-16-1-XL.jpg

Tornado-XL.jpg

Lynx-XL.jpg

Puma-1-XL.jpg

Typhoon-XL.jpg

Tornado2-XL.jpg

SU-22-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
First shot is just awesome, and I don't use that word very often - not being an American :)

Fantastic light and I love the way the jet exhaust is standing out against the cloud, makes you realise what keeps these things up in the air.

David

Lovely looking shots. Just had a quick look through your posts to see what body/lens you may have used, was it the 40d/400mmL?

Also would you be able to run through the PP a bit?

Thanks for nice comments :)

Lovely looking shots. Just had a quick look through your posts to see what body/lens you may have used, was it the 40d/400mmL?

Also would you be able to run through the PP a bit?

Body was 7D but used to use 30D & 40D and got similar images. Lens on all of these was the 400L. Amazing lens but needs plenty of light. Always hand hold and not the best at getting a huge amount of keepers. Would love stabilisation on it and maybe wider but that's another few grand!!!

PP was done in Lightroom. Just played with the curves a little to get the desired exposure then played with contrast/shadows etc. Cropped and a bit of sharpening and noise reduction. Not the best at PP but getting a little better as I go along, I think ;)

Last edited:
I'm assuming it is the f5.6 from what you say about IS etc? I ask I use the same on a 550d

Last edited:
Some cracking shots, love the last of the polish jet (y) I was disappointed, I got very few keepers of those :(

The light on the first Solo Turk F-16 is excellent, well done !!

Back