zoom2deals.com

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone heard of zoom2deals.com just wondering, as they have a couple of what seems silly priced deals, and the old adage is, if it's too good to be true, it generally is, but sometimes you never know :LOL:

Last edited:
My browser says the site is not secure and won't let me in which tells me everything I need to know.
I get that, but that can happen on secure sites, doesn't it depend on your security settings

If a browser says it's not secure it's because it's not secure. Nothing to do with my settings.

Just as an experiment I tried the site using http instead of https and got this from my router.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 14.33.19.png

So there you go. Not secure and dodgy as........

Can I suggest that if your browser has let you in, you find a different browser and scan your computer for Malware.
I would also not recommend buying anything from them :)

Last edited:
When I search the company + reviews, this thread is 5th on the list! No Trustpilot or TrustedReviews entries I could find (very brief attempt)

I wouldn't risk it but there is no technical reason not to. Give it a whirl and leave some feedback here. Even Google is looking :)

For me - too good to be true.

What's your reasoning on that
Well this for starters
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 14.41.29.jpg

then this

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 14.45.50.jpg

Also in there T&C's they do not ship until the money is in their account seems like a big red flag saying keep away.

Well this for starters
View attachment 405499

then this

View attachment 405500

Also in there T&C's they do not ship until the money is in their account seems like a big red flag saying keep away.

Yes without a doubt I wouldn't trust the company, I was really playing devil's advocate, I've always been in the mind if something sounds to good to be true it is. I do wonder though, how they get away with using and accepting Paypal, as anyone who purchased, would obviously easily get a refund.

Yes without a doubt I wouldn't trust the company, I was really playing devil's advocate, I've always been in the mind if something sounds to good to be true it is. I do wonder though, how they get away with using and accepting Paypal, as anyone who purchased, would obviously easily get a refund.

There are ways for scammers to get around Paypal.

For an item not received claims they only have to show proof of delivery. They could ship you anything and provide Paypal with a POD.

Bait and switch scams are common. We see this a lot in the laptop charger market with Chinese sellers. Advertise a Genuine part but ship a cheap knock off instead. Paypal will usually require you to return the product for a refund and that is usually to an address in China which costs much more than a refund is worth.

The scam may not actually be taking money from you at all. The website is just setup to capture your details and possibly your paypal login details.
This website seems to have Malware which could install something on your PC like a keylogger.

The website is just setup to capture your details and possibly your paypal login details.
This website seems to have Malware which could install something on your PC like a keylogger.

Yes quite possible I guess, I did scan the site for malware, but nothing dodgy came up, and I looked on the site, the other strange thing is they are offering the Nikon Z7II and the 24-70mm f/4 s for 1600 euro, but the camera on it's own is actually 1950 euro which is bizarre in itself, it reminds me of the Ali express site, although I believe that is legit.

Back