£9 DVD PLAYER - Asda's latest offer!!

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Customers at ASDA will be able to pick up Britain's lowest priced DVD player when it lands in stores on Thursday (25th January 2007) and still get change from a tenner.

The price of the Durabrand DVD player, previously on sale at £17.84, will drop to a staggering £9 from 6am tomorrow morning meaning customers will, for the first time, be able to buy a DVD player for less than the average price of a new release DVD.

There will be more than 80,000 of the DVD players hitting shelves and it will be on sale at every one of ASDA’s 316 stores and seven ASDA Living stores throughout the UK and Northern Ireland.

The supermarket anticipates the product will prove such a hit with customers that it will sell out within two days.

This move is the latest in a series of market-leading price promotions from ASDA and once again delivers unbeatable value on everyday electronics for the supermarket’s 13 million customers.

In a pre-Christmas roll back, ASDA cut the price of its own brand ONN 15” LCD TV from £148 to £99 – the first time any retailer had broken the £100 barrier.

Peter Pritchard, ASDA’s general merchandise trading director, said: “This is such a jaw-droppingly low price that customers might struggle to believe it, but we really are selling a DVD player for under a tenner.

“This is truly unbeatable value and puts our competitors in the shade – our message to customers is why pay more, when you don’t have to. And we can promise them much more to come in the months ahead.”

This week saw the launch of the new Argos catalogue with DVD players available from £17.79. A Tesco Value DVD player is available at £17.84.

Crazy price! I have a different model to this, seems to do the job :) (it doesnt seem to come with a scart lead though, so look out for a cheap one of them too!)

VCRs certainly never got that low in price :D Scary how cheap this stuff is getting - particularly since the big supermarkets have started selling these, Dixons Group must be bricking it now.

Think I'll wait for the BOGOF offer.... or next Boxing Day sale...:bonk:

I'll wait for the DVD recorder for 9.99 :)

will be interesting to see how hddvd and blu-ray will be affected when the chinese manufacturers start churning them out

Went and got one earlier..fine little machines. Plays normal dvds, dvd-r, and mp3s...not bad at all.

Back