½ a bee and a brown lacewing

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Saw this bee on the wrong side of the bird table resting, but it was gone in an instant! Then spotted a brown lacewing in the depths of the flowers on the spiraea shrub...

1024bee9.jpg

1024brown1.jpg

1024brown2.jpg

Paul.

How do you like the Venus Paul? Looks sharp to me?

What lighting are you using please?

Thanks Mike, yes - I love this lens.

The flash is a Marumi Ring Flash with 2 or 3 layers of diffusing gumph on it. Sometimes its OK, sometimes it's still not as good as it could be.

Paul.

@dibbly dobbler

Scrap that info actually - I do use a Marumi - but at the moment I have a Yongnuo YN 14 EX attached which is an ETTL ring flash. So I have both, but the Yongnuo is miles better.

Paul.

Ah - I used to use a Marumi! Great bit of kit for the price :)

Thanks for the explanation - the 60mm is on my shortlist for possible MPE replacements. Is the working distance decent?

Little point in replacing the MPE-65 with the Venus. The venus is decent but the MPE is by far the better lens imo. The working distances are about the same for the Venus between 1:1 and 2:1.

Little point in replacing the MPE-65 with the Venus. The venus is decent but the MPE is by far the better lens imo. The working distances are about the same for the Venus between 1:1 and 2:1.

Thanks for your input - I have had a love/hate relationship with the MPE and we're having a bad patch right now. With counselling I expect we'll get through it :)

Thanks for your input - I have had a love/hate relationship with the MPE and we're having a bad patch right now. With counselling I expect we'll get through it :)

As I've said before, don't get rid of the MPE. By all means get the Venus and stick the MPE up in the loft but there'll come a day you'll kick yourself for not having it available.

@Paul Iddon I rather like the way the bee is peeking over the edge, as if he's checking out what your doing :)

Amazing detail as usual Paul

Back