Wild 06:19:42

Kodiak Qc

Suspended / Banned
Name
French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
Edit My Images
Yes

06:19:42.
That is the early morning time this shot was captured…
with the very first sunbeams to touched the reeds.

I was there a bit before and waited a short while.
The second is a crop of the first that was already cropped
down to around 25%

B1188%2051D.jpg

B1188%2051D%201.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, I really want to be the heron - looks like he enjoyed the first light - so peaceful

Number 2 is lovely, it's much more about the heron than the first image. It's lit up very nicely in the morning murk.

Nice light on the bird ,but far to much negative dark space for my liking ,you either need a longer lens or need to get closer

looks like he enjoyed the first light - so peaceful

Thanks Gil, he was not alone enjoying the very first sunlight! :cool:

I am very happy you see and appreciate the scene as a whole! :)

Last edited:
Number 2 is lovely, it's much more about the heron than the first image. It's lit up very nicely in the morning murk.

Granted Dale but the main purpose of these is not the bird
— I am not a birder — but a picture for layout purposes like
most of the shots captured at the marsh.

My work, as image hunter, is aimed at layouts and publishing.
Horses, cows, birds, landscapes and even people… all for the
same end purpose.

The subject may be part of the page or even the main interest
but in a page… so all captures are thought in terms of layout.

My work, as image hunter, is aimed at layouts and publishing.
Horses, cows, birds, landscapes and even people… all for the
same end purpose.

The subject may be part of the page or even the main interest
but in a page… so all captures are thought in terms of layout.

would love to see some of this actual published work ,might inspire some of us to try harder .what has it been published in Daniel .

It may well work in terms of layout but the over bearing background is so gloomy. i would be really interested to know where these predominately dark shots you produce are used.

Regen

Been thinking about this, and at the risk of upsetting your loyal followers, if these images are not about the birds
why are they posted in the bird critique forum ?

… why are they posted in the bird critique forum ?

Very good question!

After posting in the bird section and not feeling I belonged there,
I started posting in the wild and free section… to be ordered:

"This is a bird… your post has been moved to the bird section."

After posting in the bird section and not feeling I belonged there,
I started posting in the wild and free section… to be ordered:

"This is a bird… your post has been moved to the bird section."

In which case it will be critiqued as a bird picture not as some obscure or creative mage for publication
in a magazine book somewhere
I also have to say your publishers seem very lenient, work I have done for such things is always
strictly limited to it not being shown before publication

your publishers seem very lenient, work I have done for such things is always
strictly limited to it not being shown before publication

Correct, this shot was part of a six set and they needed two…
this one was not chosen but finished in third place.

So they needed two shots from this set ,(1) I was under the impression these were taken a couple of days ago ? Quick work indeed (2) so in what publication can we actually see the finished product ?

By your own exit data these shots were taken on 2/6/18 and two have been picked and chosen for publication in just over two weeks . Unless it’s a shot of international importance to be published next day it doesn’t normally happen that quickly . . .?

Last edited:

Over the years I have supplied words and pictures to dozens of publishers on hundreds of book and magazine titles but never come across one which is prepared to go into such detail on the selection process of a single picture. Come on-whats the secret!

Regen

You must be the luckiest photographer I know, to pop down the marsh in your spare time and get 6 shots for your publisher
to pick their choice from, that's truly amazing when dealing with wildlife

Going to let us in on the your secret ?

from your other thread on the same day:-

The agenda is directing my life really… so if the first shoot of the
day is at 10:00 or 11:00, I got the time to visit the marsh before
work and the heat of the day.

TWMBC, (to whom may be curious)

for the benefit of my students, I share on TP. I don't mind
sharing some tips and experiences but never will I reveal
details about my income, the business or actual clients.

I like them, they work as photographs to me, not just as images of birds. Whether they should be in the 'bird' section or not is debatable, but as a bird is one of the main subjects (the other it's environment) I see no reason why it shouldn't.

I would not expect you to reveal details of income,business or actual clients and i certainly did not ask for that information. A screen grab of the published page would have/will suffice to show us how the material was actually used.

You seem to be very keen to tell everybody that x or y picture has been/will be published but not very forth coming with the proof.

not very forth coming with the proof.

Did you think that maybe I don't have to, don't need to, or
don't want to prove anything? … won't play those games.

… /

I would not expect you to reveal details of income,business or actual clients and i certainly did not ask for that information. A screen grab of the published page would have/will suffice to show us how the material was actually used.

You seem to be very keen to tell everybody that x or y picture has been/will be published but not very forth coming with the proof.
I wouldn't bother pal, he contradicts himself constantly, and will never accept being caught out or giving out horrendous advice.

I'm surprised he doesn't have to pay advertisers fees on here considering he touts for business via PM. I'm aware of at least 2 people approached but it'll be denied no doubt

Mike

I wouldn't bother pal, he contradicts himself constantly, and will never accept being caught out or giving out horrendous advice.

I'm surprised he doesn't have to pay advertisers fees on here considering he touts for business via PM. I'm aware of at least 2 people approached but it'll be denied no doubt

Mike

Hopefully one of those approached (touted) to pay for online lessons from mr kodiak would be kind enough to cut and paste the proof/evidence on here .as I do personally feel that a forum such as this shouldn’t be used for acquiring business for yourself without paying a fee to the owner of this site who provides a superb free service for us all .

So come on lads and lasses if your are paying for advice/lessons or have been asked let us know don’t feel embarrassed

[Q

I would be quite proud to share my published images as I do every now and then .
Or me I have hard copies of 95% of published work

region said

not very forth coming with the proof.

kodiak said

Did you think that maybe I don't have to, don't need to, or
don't want to prove anything? … won't play those games.

You obviously don't have to and have made it clear that you don't want to. However you make regular use of a public forum to display your work and make claims about its veracity which have been questioned by some so i would have thought that you would need to prove your point.

i am not playing games,merely questioning some of your statements, posted over the last couple of years, based upon my own experience in the hope that I might learn something new about the world of publishing.

Regen

for the benefit of my students, I share on TP.
Hopefully one of those approached (touted) to pay for online lessons from mr kodiak would be kind enough to cut and paste the proof/evidence on here .

We all know that Kodiak has "Students" he has told us many many times before, maybe those students, that he has in his own country, have signed up to TP to learn here?
As we know, there is a mass of knowledge from many members right here for free on TP (y)

I'm also sure that he has read the rules, he started a thread about it awhile ago. ie The re-acceptance of terms and conditions is a new feature in XenForo introduced for the GDPR as of last month.
And knows full well, that
Prohibited content "Anything that makes you money (or goods) from our community"

However if there has been an oversight in this area, I'm sure that being an honest and upright chap that Kodiak will soon use the contact us button to enquire about our T&C's for advertisers.
That of course allows anyone to start a "traders / commercial" thread or even have their own sub forum (y)

I hope that explains TP's stance on things?

maybe those students, that he has in his own country, have signed up to TP to learn here?
In Austria and 16 other countries, yes. Most of them having, like
me, Photography and English as interest but not the chihuahuas.

I do not advertise anything, but it is mentioned in my profile since
the very beginning.
there is a mass of knowledge from many members right here for free on TP
… and I think I contributed for free very largely too!

I do not advertise anything,
Excellent (y)
Just to be absolutely clear, the guys that are suggesting that you are selling your "Services" Via TP's PM's have the wrong end of the stick?
but not the chihuahuas.
I agree funny looking dogs, if you are going to have one have a big one that's what I always say :)
… and I think I contributed for free very largely too!
I don't think anyone is disputing that,

Just to be absolutely clear, the guys that are suggesting that you are selling your "Services" Via TP's PM's have the wrong end of the stick?
To members with difficult questions that would require long typing
( I hate typing ) I offered to help verbally through skype, and yes,
to a specific question, I surely said that if needed mentoring ses-
sions may be a solution but always via Skype.
but not the chihuahuas.
I think you may not have got that one,

To members with difficult questions that would require long typing
( I hate typing ) I offered to help verbally through skype, and yes,
to a specific question, I surely said that if needed mentoring ses-
sions may be a solution but always via Skype.
So they are paying then?
Can I draw your attention to the rules which you have obviously read twice, once when you signed up, and once when you started the who is slack media thread.

Prohibited content
  • Anything that makes you money (or goods) from our community.

Cobra

You, man, have a strange way to read a text… at your convenience.

I certainly don't need TP to make a living… and your "out of track" con-
clusion in post # 31 proves me again why you are not a staff member I
recognise as matured and unbiased.

Why by Skype ,is it because like a phone call it’s unrecordable? It would be just as simple surely to use the dictate function on your p.c or mac .i have taken unbridge since hearing a Chinese whisper about you charging for help ,but it now appears it’s true ,
It goes against forum rules and needs to be stopped or at least have the decency to contact admin and pay for the privilege .

and your "out of track" con-
clusion in post # 31 proves me again why you are not a staff member I
recognise as matured and unbiased.
Possibly because I am a not fan boy of yours? nor do I like to see members being taken advantage of.
Or maybe its the bad advice, especially to novices, being offered.
We have a saying here, if you can't blind them with science, baffle them with bull s***.

But I digress...

Please answer the question to satisfy the rules, and the site owners.
Are you taking money from members in exchange for advice?
Yes or no?

Have you ever approached members for payment after offering advice?
Yes or No

(And think very carefully about both of those questions before answering.)

Thanks but curiously I have evidence to the contrary its now in the hands of the site owners.

Evidence?

Cool… but why do they have more value, weight, now than before?
Because the line of enquiry has only just now been opened.

An inquisition? A witch hunt? A vendetta?
… in 21 fist century UK?

Back