1 week old Phelsuma Grandis hatchlings

nice catch phelsuma are always difficult to get decent shots as hatchlings due to their small size and very high speed!!
I keep phelsuma standingi which are stunning as juveniles but dull down as adults at least yours get brighter

Thanks Bazzle. These are my first babies and came as a bit of a shock. I keep a pair of Grandis but evryone said the eggs would never hatch in viv conditions......

I love my sticky feets to bits, and to have babies is very rewarding if a tad expensive when you hve to buy an emergency nursery set up!

Now you have started they won't stop lol.

I've always found that if you can maintain the humidity they will hatch, 95% of people have to hatch them in viv at some point due to them being stuck to something that won't move or come out start sorting out more boxes if you can now so you don't get caught out again I always buy the longest uv I can get my hands on so it will light as many boxes as possible keeps the costs down ;) also reflectors are very handy both for you and the animal doubles the light in the cage but remember all UV's have a minimum distance to the bulb check the packaging) If the parents stick any to the glass sides of a viv I cover the eggs with a little transparent sauce pot to protect them and add a little cotton wool ball (small enough so it doesn't touch the eggs) and make a hole in the back of the pot by the cotton wool so you can keep it moist to help with the humidity good luck with them and make sure you feed them little and often :)

Back