Undecided 10 stop locations

Edit My Images
Yes
i finish work on thursday morning and the weather is looking crap for any decent light for landscape. so im looking to make use of this 10 stop filter ive bought.
any locations north west north mid wales.

Danny

Anglesey ........ snow don

Last edited:
Danny

You probably need to decide between coast, river/lake and urban

Coast, just about anywhere but a good favourite with a 10 stopper not to far from you is New Brighton - Perch Rock Lighthouse, sea defences, and other sea defences at opposite end of sea front from lighthouse by coast guard look out point. Use www.tides4fishing.com to check tide times, New Brighton is the same as Liverpool, but beaware doing long exposures at coasts the tide can move faster than you (sometimes)

River/lake - I'd head for Snowdonia, plenty of waterfalls, lakes, etc

Urban - Liverpool Dock areas or Salford Quays

and other sea defences at opposite end of sea front from lighthouse by coast guard look out point.
Been there today. Couldn't get the groynes in a "Y" shape with water lapping round them. Top arms were nearly covered before water hit the stem bit. Not what I expected!

Yeah I know that. But you said that 5 mins earlier.......
I could have got that shot but wanted something different.
Then I found that Subway have stopped doing pulled pork.
Good news is that I can get a Yeti with a 1.4 petrol engine. Goes like xxxx off a shovel.

Danny

You probably need to decide between coast, river/lake and urban

Coast, just about anywhere but a good favourite with a 10 stopper not to far from you is New Brighton - Perch Rock Lighthouse, sea defences, and other sea defences at opposite end of sea front from lighthouse by coast guard look out point. Use www.tides4fishing.com to check tide times, New Brighton is the same as Liverpool, but beaware doing long exposures at coasts the tide can move faster than you (sometimes)

River/lake - I'd head for Snowdonia, plenty of waterfalls, lakes, etc

Urban - Liverpool Dock areas or Salford Quays

I'm looking at coast as the forecast for Friday is overcast and little wind.

I was going i head up to Blackpool but think I may ditch that idea now.

I will have a look at new Brighton thanks

Groynes.jpg I shot this today at 12;16. High tide was 13:51.
Generally at New Brighton 2 hours before high tide is best. After that everything has too much water over it.

Sort of. I put a grad on in lightroom.
Sky was dull as dishwater and flat light so no real horizon.

looks good , hope i get something half as good

Back