10 stop shots, show us what ya got!

only just seen this thread,and there's some excellent stuff in it :clap:

here's my first efforts using my recently aquired B&W 10 stop filter...

margamstones_2_filtered.jpg

southerndown_1.jpg

Guess Im not allowed in here til my 10 stopper arrives.. Only have a 9 stopper at the moment.

:crying:

loving these long exposures will be buying a ten stop filter myself.
just wondered if anyone knows of a app you can download for an android phone to work out the exposure.

There's some fantastic work here, I have already learnt alot from just reading this thread. Right off to buy a ND filter and get shooting.

A lot have said they are just popping out to get a 10 stop...I thought they were harder to get than an OLY 5....nearly as expensive as well.

Some great shots on here ..I have enjoyed spending some time having a look.

Keith (y)

IanClark said:
I think there is a thread somewhere else but I never tire of seeing 10 stoppers :)

here's some of mine.

This was during daylight even though it looks like night time.

Runcorn Widnes bridge?

What a great thread. There's some stunning images on here. I really need to get out and get some more practice in. The inspiration is definitely within this thread.

Here's a couple from one of my first trips with a 10 stop.

5850582094_1a742a5de7_b.jpg

5850577858_aa77f892dc_b.jpg

Some excellent stuff in here - I haven't had a chance to get out with the 10 stop for a while, but this thread is inspiring me to head out with it again soon..

Couple from me:

Fairly minimal 30 second exposure of the submarine defences at Shoebury.

Stitches by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Somehow this ended up as 41.6 seconds ! A jetty at Southend.

All My Ex's by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Two minute exposure of the stranded end of Herne Bay pier - was really windy that day, so had to shield to camera to avoid any movement..

Centered by GarySmith70, on Flickr

I've been meaning to get a 10 stop for such a long time, after looking through this thread im going to have to order one!

jerry12953 said:
Your best bet is a Light Craft Workshop ND 500. It might not be quite 10 stops but its pretty neutral and a reasonable price.

That's what I use currently. Have a hi-tech prostop on order though.

full size image of the scene 413 seconds exposure just after the sun had risen
i have a cropped version pano style but wanted to show you a full frame shot is the first.Both using (lee big stopper] the second was not as long

5292834123_5342209817_z.jpg

4935294581_3a14692691_z.jpg

Last edited:
thanx guys for comments yep it breaks the rules but you can crop the top or bottom to get back it just awkward which way but I like the full ill post crop after these couple

gibsons cave
5069197510_17daf2d123_b.jpg

Different take on St marys lighthouse Full frame image again so you can make it as number 1 in last post

4594674663_5226cf5513_o.jpg

just below Durham catherdral

4253542883_f8482ecb31_o.jpg

now the cropped version of Roker lighthouse

5293431822_a5e112338a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very rarely use mine but pleased when I do, a few from Wigg Island and another from Rivington:

JPW_7052.jpg

JPW_7050.jpg

JPW_6926.jpg

DSC_2359.jpg

My shiny new B+W 110 PRO arrived today. Its the multi coated version which I got from Amazon for £120. I'm off to lochness tomorrow to test it out.;):D

I've not used mine since Wales in April, you can get carried away with just using it everywhere but it really needs selective use I've found.

Anyway these are some of mine in the 10 months I've had the Lee Big Stopper, EXIF should be embedded on all of them for times.

Broadway Tower Sunset by James Hastie

The Blue Door by James Hastie

My first ever real success with it:

Kilve Rocks by James Hastie

First Light by James Hastie

Penmon Lighthouse by James Hastie

Lynn Ogwen - Snowdonia by James Hastie, on Flickr

A few others on my stream:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kozicka/tags/bigstopper/

Last edited:
Back