100th attempt with the Splashart kit

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Following on from Uncle Buck's great first attempt, here is one of my best, certainly not first attempt though!

It was actually red food colouring but changed it to green in PP to create a bit more contrast. Thanks for your nice comment! :)

Those splash art kits are good. I've got one and it's great fun to get out. Have you worked up to Guar gum and Xanthem gum yet? Dishwasher conditioner? There's a whole world to get lost in!!!

Yeah, great fun and had some crazy results with glycerol soy milk and food colouring!

I had trouble with food colouring that wasn't clear. Wife tells me it's something to do with Brussels banning things. I finished up with flower arrangers dye. That is totally clear and available in more colours than food dye.

Not tried flower arrangers dye, will have to give that a go. Have you tried laundry softener?

Yeah and just diluted a bit as concerned about nozzle blockage. Common complaint amongst splashartists! [emoji4]

Excellent! Just water and flower dye or a bit of thickener too?

I think that had some gum in it, but can't remember which one, either Xanthem or Guar. Damned hard stuff to mix and get smooth.

I heated it slightly and added small amounts at a time. Helped a bit!

Cracking job there!!!!!

Back