10th Time Around!! 52 Week Project. Completed!!

A little late to the start this year, it hasn't started very well unfortunately, hardly been out and no energy to do much at all. Anxiety and other health issues have taken hold of me.

Anyway, enough of the negative, and to some pictures for the first 3 themes.

Week 1, Local Interest, missed the freights during the day, so had to settle for a bit of night time and high iso at the local station.

60055 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 2, Pleasure.

A lovely bit of sunlight on a cold day I sat near the feeders, so here is 1 of 10 blue tits visiting my garden.

M34A6967 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Week 3, Tool.

Darkened room and lit by my phones led torch

tool by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Anxiety and other health issues have taken hold of me.
I'm glad you are starting to get out and about a Michael (y)
Nice catch up particularly the drill (y)

Lovely set of images Michael. It's good to have something to focus your mind on. Love the little blue tit. It looks as though it has its feathers all fluffed up - either that or it is one fat little bird!

I've been waiting on your starting Michael and I'm never going to complain about a loco shot now am I :) And that's a good shot of a tug at work.
I would never have guessed at 8000iso looking at the shot
The birding shot has come out nicely sharp and adds colour to your thread
Your tool shot is almost omnious, there in the shadows. Driller Killer ?

Good stuff - I do like a train ;)

As the saying goes, better late than never Michael, well done on you getting out and about and hope your health issues get better.
Love the drill shot by the way and a nice touch using a led torch for lighting

Great start Michael, and glad you're up and at 'em!(y)

Local: Great, moody atmosphere and terrific lines - well captured, and the ISO is handled very well - well processed!
Pleasure: Now this is really terrific...great sharpness and the light is superb, well done indeed!
Tool: Very spooky and ominous...terrific! I love the mono processing and the spot lighting works so very well.
As Tim @LC2 said, reminds me of The Driller Killer!

Sorry to read that you're having a tough time, Michael, but great to see you back and posting. Good luck with completing your tenth (TENTH!) 52!

They are all really good images for the themes:
Local Interest is an excellent low light capture and you've balanced the highlights perfectly with the deep pools of darkness.
Pleasure is a real pleasure to look at with a colourful fluffy little bird and some lovely warm light.
Tools is the pick of the bunch - excellent exposure with a deep shadow, controlled highlights and almost 3D effect :clap:

Three great shots I really like the fluffed up blue tit. The drill shot does seem quite ominous

Thank you everyone for the al the comments, very much appreciated! Been in bed with a really bad migraine since Thursday night, still feeling rather yuck.

I'm glad you are starting to get out and about a Michael (y)
Nice catch up particularly the drill (y)
Lovely set of images Michael. It's good to have something to focus your mind on. Love the little blue tit. It looks as though it has its feathers all fluffed up - either that or it is one fat little bird!
Hi Michael, 3 very nice photos, a moody train shot, a very nice Blue Tit and a very nicely lit up tool.:clap:
Three good 'uns to kick off with. The drill is a corker!
Good that your getting out, loving the Blue Tit and Tools shots.
I've been waiting on your starting Michael and I'm never going to complain about a loco shot now am I :) And that's a good shot of a tug at work.
I would never have guessed at 8000iso looking at the shot
The birding shot has come out nicely sharp and adds colour to your thread
Your tool shot is almost omnious, there in the shadows. Driller Killer ?
Good stuff - I do like a train ;)
As the saying goes, better late than never Michael, well done on you getting out and about and hope your health issues get better.
Love the drill shot by the way and a nice touch using a led torch for lighting
Great start Michael, and glad you're up and at 'em!(y)

Local: Great, moody atmosphere and terrific lines - well captured, and the ISO is handled very well - well processed!
Pleasure: Now this is really terrific...great sharpness and the light is superb, well done indeed!
Tool: Very spooky and ominous...terrific! I love the mono processing and the spot lighting works so very well.
As Tim @LC2 said, reminds me of The Driller Killer!
Sorry to read that you're having a tough time, Michael, but great to see you back and posting. Good luck with completing your tenth (TENTH!) 52!

They are all really good images for the themes:
Local Interest is an excellent low light capture and you've balanced the highlights perfectly with the deep pools of darkness.
Pleasure is a real pleasure to look at with a colourful fluffy little bird and some lovely warm light.
Tools is the pick of the bunch - excellent exposure with a deep shadow, controlled highlights and almost 3D effect :clap:
Three great shots I really like the fluffed up blue tit. The drill shot does seem quite ominous

Hi Micheal,

3 great Images, with the blue tit being outstanding. We are now getting more birds in our garden, but have suffered several kills by the local cats, which we are trying to keep out.

Pete

Three great pictures! I assume the platform sign/lamp post is really a bit wonky ;)

The one that stands out for me is the tool one, great low key image, great lighting, great B&W processing!

Managed a day out today which was succesful to get the discarded theme done and a pic for snappers choice.

Discarded

discarded by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Snappers Choice

Love these s160 steam locos and today saw 3 of them running together, something which hasn't happened in Britain since the 1940's! This was at the Churnet Valley Railway in staffordshire.

I'm posting a couple here as I really like the single loco shot, the light was lovely. A total contrast as the triple headed service was the last one of the day. Heavy cloud setting in, walked through a rather soggy field and it was rather bitter. Decided to go with the 22mmf2 to keep iso as low as possible.

Churnet Valley Railway by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Churnet Valley Railway by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Oh wow! I very nearly went don there for that - fab S160s!

Can you sort that pinkish CA tinge to the tree? Lightroom will.

Discarded Well spotted, captured and processed Michael
Snappers choice, I agree with Dave there is a magenta tint to the tree,
No real big deal.
But I love the second one.

Discarded is a good spot, and shows one of the big problems we suffer.

Snappers choice is lovely, both shots are great, the second being my favourite.

Discarded nice find for the theme Micheal I like the B&W conversion.

Snappers choice 2 great images 2nd one would be my choice to

Discarded - You do have to wonder sometimes don't you, how did that get there. Nice contrasty processing there.
Snappers - 3x S160s, blimey. I've only ever seen one, and that was at Minehead in the summer. I didn't know Churnet had 3 (or was it a gala?).
That triple header looks damn impressive, but I think I prefer #3 because of the extra detail.

Well found for discarded... you couldn't make it up.
Also prefer the second shot of the steam train.

Nice take on Discarded and I like the framing and the processing. #2 of the train for me.

Discarded -good spot for the theme, such a shame.
Free week - lovely engines great choice

Discarded is very good. I think it has an "Andy Warhol" look about it. Shame as it is real and not a set up.
The train shots are good. I would choose the second, closer, more detail etc

Liking the drill shot for Tool. Great lighting and the mono works perfectly.
Discarded is good too in a random kind of way. It is a shame that it is there at all though.
Your second loco shot is wonderful. Lovely sharp detail and colour.

Many thanks everyone for all the comments, so sorry I didn't manage to acknowledge them sooner. Been a very long few weeks...

Loving the last Loco shot Michael, composition is bang on and just totally love it.
Oh wow! I very nearly went don there for that - fab S160s!

Can you sort that pinkish CA tinge to the tree? Lightroom will.
Discarded Well spotted, captured and processed Michael
Snappers choice, I agree with Dave there is a magenta tint to the tree,
No real big deal.
But I love the second one.
Discarded on theme, fly tipping really is a pain.
Love the loco pictures especially the single, would loved to have seen the 3 together.
Discarded is a good spot, and shows one of the big problems we suffer.

Snappers choice is lovely, both shots are great, the second being my favourite.
Discarded nice find for the theme Micheal I like the B&W conversion.

Snappers choice 2 great images 2nd one would be my choice to
Discarded - You do have to wonder sometimes don't you, how did that get there. Nice contrasty processing there.
Snappers - 3x S160s, blimey. I've only ever seen one, and that was at Minehead in the summer. I didn't know Churnet had 3 (or was it a gala?).
That triple header looks damn impressive, but I think I prefer #3 because of the extra detail.
Well found for discarded... you couldn't make it up.
Also prefer the second shot of the steam train.
Excellent for discarded - you really nailed that.
Nice take on Discarded and I like the framing and the processing. #2 of the train for me.
Discarded -good spot for the theme, such a shame.
Free week - lovely engines great choice
Discarded is very good. I think it has an "Andy Warhol" look about it. Shame as it is real and not a set up.
The train shots are good. I would choose the second, closer, more detail etc
Liking the drill shot for Tool. Great lighting and the mono works perfectly.
Discarded is good too in a random kind of way. It is a shame that it is there at all though.
Your second loco shot is wonderful. Lovely sharp detail and colour.

Nice catch up Michael Love the boat / ship / sailing thingy I'm glad you are still hanging in there (y)

The carrier is my pick of the four. Nice range of tones and nicely sharp throughout (not using shallow DoF).
I quite like the snow in winter, but if feels a bit grey (probably was, it's just I would prefer a bit more light).

Nice shots in the catch up, I particularly like the winter image.

#1 reminds me of a Sperm whale (I don't know why, because sperm whales don't have spikes on their heads :()

Back