1925 Kodak No.2 Autographic Brownie

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
I picked up this Kodak folding camera over a year ago, it's been sat on a shelf in my front room looking pretty for all that time and I finally took it out for a spin last week, using Ilford FP4 120 film.

I had to fix up the bellows with cloth tape - they were worn through in a lot of places, so I wasn't exactly expecting much. I wasn't sure the tape would be totally light-proof, or it may just have other issues.

Apparently not! I shot these all on a quick walk, and couldn't be happier with the performance. I'm pretty new to film in general, but experiment whenever I can. This was actually one of the easiest cameras to use that I've tested out (maybe just because I had good consistent cloudy sunlight to work with!)

The dark lines on each photo aren't on the negatives, so I think those were a scanning error.

Let me know what you think - I can't wait for the next roll!

R001-001.JPG
R001-007.JPG
I wanted to try a simple double exposure, so this was a little joke about a car that got stuck in the local harbour not too long ago:
R001-008.JPG

I think you've done a great job. That's a really nice characterful portrait and a great double exposure. Well done!

My Auntie Ivy had an 'Autographic' but it took 116 size -- i have pics of me after my Christening in the garden taken with it. Came the WAR and ordinary Folk could not get film -- all went to RAF . After war she got it out again when I was about 8 years old. Then she let me borrow it for a Youth Hostelling Trip with my Mate Jimmy Lewis -- my Philips 'Roadster' bike shook it up so much ball bearings fell out of the shutter. Kodak took pity on me after I sent them a letter and sent me a small packet with minute ball bearings with which we got the shutter working again !

I think you've done a great job. That's a really nice characterful portrait and a great double exposure. Well done!

Thank you!

Great set, I hope I'm working that well when I'm nearly 100! ;)

Me too! Hopefully just stick a bit of tape on me and I'll work just fine haha.

My Auntie Ivy had an 'Autographic' but it took 116 size -- i have pics of me after my Christening in the garden taken with it. Came the WAR and ordinary Folk could not get film -- all went to RAF . After war she got it out again when I was about 8 years old. Then she let me borrow it for a Youth Hostelling Trip with my Mate Jimmy Lewis -- my Philips 'Roadster' bike shook it up so much ball bearings fell out of the shutter. Kodak took pity on me after I sent them a letter and sent me a small packet with minute ball bearings with which we got the shutter working again !

Ah, that's a great story Pete - thanks for sharing!

You'll have to watch those folding cameras though, if you're not careful you can find they start to breed! :facepalm:

PS The Kodak Autographic is second from the right.

Haha, I will have to watch out for this - a second has already appeared so it's only a matter of time...

Nice collection!

Back