1940s weekend

I do like the processing style to this has a great retro feel as though it was taken decades ago.(y)

Great photo and I do like the PP(y)

If that's plastic glasses they are drinking from it kinda spoils the retro illusion. I'm going to buck the trend and say I'm not that keen on the PP but I do love these historic type images.

Well, I for one will buck the trend back....Because I think he has it nailed. Lovely 'retro' feel to it. (like the old post cards) One I would be proud of. And yes they look like plastic gasses but they also resemble the true type (shape) they used then (apart from the dimpled mug).... Your stuck with what's in front of you. But to me it works!

Last edited:
View attachment 39317

A great weekend at the 1940s wartime gala at the Great Central Railway. I did a set of images one of which is attached quite like the feel but would appreciate the thoughts of others.

Loving the processing of this images it has given the image an etherial feel, which I think really suits the subject matter.....

Regards

Nigel

Nice PP and the lady doing her hat pin looks very natural.
Any secrets on what PP you used ?.

He doesn't seem to want to give that away Mike.... I asked earlier
But I can tell you that Lucis Arts gives a very similar effect

Last edited:
Just looked at his profile and he has one more image posted here to which I swear has the touch of Lucis

Back