1968 Ford Mercury

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Not exactly the best location, especially when its a busy workshop. No PP other than small adjustments in camera raw on contrast, shadows, sharpening. No exposure modification.

1968 Ford Mercury#1 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

1968 Ford Mercury#3 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

1968 Ford Mercury#2 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

_MG_0022 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Things I dont like about the images:
Strip lights in the building. They would have been all off, if it wasn't mid-morning and busy. It doesn't look busy but I timed it so people weren't caught in the images.
Other cars there and position. Cars literally on all sides.

Lights used Godox DE300's and large octoboxes. I now have a couple of new modifiers which I would like to try and see what their effect would be : snoot with grid, beauty dish (with grid and softbox material).

I think the snoot would be good for highlighting badges a little more and the beauty dish might be good for interior or again, badges or wheels.

So aside from what I know is wrong with the images, anything else would be a bonus for me to remember next time i.e. lighting wise. Thanks for popping in.

Not exactly the best location

I have to work in locations just as bad but did you consider overlaying #1
on a cooler background?

Wow that is lovely, looks mint! Obviously a lot of time effort and money has gone into that

I have to work in locations just as bad but did you consider overlaying #1
on a cooler background?
I have had a thought and a little play on putting a better background on there but Im not very good at it to be honest, I should try though as it definitely deserves a better background, just whether or not it will end up looking fake is something else. Cheers fella (y)

Thanks everyone, there are some issues I want to sort, hopefully with another car and opportunity when I can. The motor sounded amazing by the way, car was not modified at all - not sure about the wheels... the interior, not perfect and showed its age but other than that, what a beaut.

Back