1984 VW Golf

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
My friend asked me to take some photos of his car a while back and got round to taking them yesterday. We couldn't really find a good location so went somewhere we've been before.

I'm not overly pleased with how they've come out, I always seem to take photos from similar angles, need to get a bit more creative I think.

by Andy Bunyan, on Flickr

Any feedback is welcome, as well as any tips and advice would be great :)

Too much location and not enough Golf for me

I think that concentrating on the car has led you to ignore the backgrounds, which apart from no.3 are cluttered. The last shot needs the, lampost is it? cloning out. Lovely red colour to the car though. A lake or deep blue sky behind the car as a backdrop would look nice, or a good sunset.(y)

Have to agree with all that's been said, location s=does nothing for the overall pictures and that poll sticking out the back in the last one ruins what for me could have been the best .
Love the car, shame it's RED

Nice motor! But also have to agree with what's already been said about location and background

Need to separate the car from the background a little, but perfectly acceptable pictures :)

nice! just mirroring what's been said, get closer and fill the frame more. you could try shooting with a shallow depth of field for a blurred out background. to remedy these I'd crop them in and add a subtle vignette to draw the eye in...along with other adjustments...

21957437441_cc48b364c9_o 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top notch set of images in my opinion, simple, understated and high quality, much like the car.

I find the location distracting , better on the grass with the red golf and a bit more of the Golf this time (y)

Back