Wild 1min 15 secs of slow mo Little owl footage

Enjoyed that Den thanks for sharing

That is a great video of a bird that I have never seen while in the UK, Now all I get is the sound of the Scops Owl but again have never seen one.

super den ,well taken m8

Must be great to have a little owl in front of you for so long. I suspect that the gate post is not upright but with a blank canvas behind maybe it would have been better if it was straightened up. The focus is lost at about 12 secs coming back around 17 secs. The whole video needs stabilising. Slow motion is great but it does require continuous action to retain interest and with a bird the size of a little owl then possibly 100fps would have given as good an effect without the need to chop out the first 30 secs. I don't know how far from subject but wind and long lenses don't mix well in video. As the scene does not change (no panning) then a good solid tripod with auto levelling and lock down on pan and tilt would help with stabilization.

Regen

super den ,well taken m8
Thanks Jeff its on my 3rd attempt using super slow motion with the Sony fs 700
Must be great to have a little owl in front of you for so long. I suspect that the gate post is not upright but with a blank canvas behind maybe it would have been better if it was straightened up. The focus is lost at about 12 secs coming back around 17 secs. The whole video needs stabilising. Slow motion is great but it does require continuous action to retain interest and with a bird the size of a little owl then possibly 100fps would have given as good an effect without the need to chop out the first 30 secs. I don't know how far from subject but wind and long lenses don't mix well in video. As the scene does not change (no panning) then a good solid tripod with auto levelling and lock down on pan and tilt would help with stabilization.

Regen
My 3rd attempt with the little owl using the fs 700 at 200fps with a shutter speed of 425 ...
Not sure what you mean about the post and a blank canvas , i am also aware that long lenses and wind dont help ,been doing it long enough to know that.
I am using my Gitzo carbon fibre tripod and a benro video head ,it does what i want ,i also only have manual focus only so once locked on using the end trigger mode on the fs 700 its pretty much all i can do,its early days and i am very happy with the results ,its not going to win any TV awards but it certainly a different aspect on getting shots of the Little owl...Ps if i remember correct,its only actualy 8 secs of video the recording in real time the playback is 1.15 secs

Last edited:
The focus is lost at about 12 secs coming back around 17 secs
I have just had a look on my PC full screen and i cant see were its lost ,when i am set up for 200fps endtrigger manual focus is set and for the 8 second duration (recording) i dont touch anything so if its lost and comes back its new to me as i dont touch anything

Back