1st one of 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Nice work Les, don't think I've seen one so far this year (in complete contrast to last year)!

How do you find the Sony 100-400+TC for close-up work? I notice the MFD is even shorter than the 300 F4 and TC I tend to use for this sort of subject...

Last edited:
Nice work Les, don't think I've seen one so far this year (in complete contrast to last year)!

How do you find the Sony 100-400+TC for close-up work? I notice the MFD is even shorter than the 300 F4 and TC I tend to use for this sort of subject...

Its comparable to my 200-600mm only easier to use as the 100-400mm is considerable shorter than my 200-600mm :)

Superb.Les. Low angle makes a huge difference.

Thank you John- the low angle is purely because the plant the insect was feeding on is around 7ft tall- I'm only 6ft tall :)

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Great shot, love the angle gives an insight to the butterfly you don't often see.

Thanks guys obe of my favourite Butterflys [emoji1652]

Les [emoji4]

That's a beauty Les (y)

That's pretty damned good Les, Great angle (y)

Always nice to see a Painted Lady, Les - very nice capture :)

Russ
Great shot, love the angle gives an insight to the butterfly you don't often see.
That's a beauty Les (y)
That's pretty damned good Les, Great angle (y)
Very impressed angle is great

Thank you guys- I don't often see these- it was a nice surprise when one landed close to me as I sat awaiting a Grebe or two in the distance

Les :)

Back