1st outing with the 300mm 2.8 mk ii and the 2xTC mk iii

Name
Tara
Edit My Images
No
Had some 1/2 decent light so finally got to try the combo on my 1D MK iv., Pretty happy overall, AF slows a bit but not as much as I feared and I can't complain sharpness wise. All taken at 1000 iso and with shutter speeds far too slow for the focal length :).

A couple of my new best friends.

600mm squirrel by Tara Rerrie, on Flickr

Inscrutasquirrel by Tara Rerrie, on Flickr

and Red but not a squirrel

600mm robin resized by Tara Rerrie, on Flickr

A lady... chaffinch, not greenfinch as originally labeled....

Greenfinch female by Tara Rerrie, on Flickr

Last edited:
It`s my most commonly used lens combo , my camera is not quite up to yours standard , and I think it shows , some nice images you got lots of detail and more than I generally seem to manage , I was told F7.1 is the optimum aperture for this combo , it looks like you learnt that already . Look forward to seeing more from you .

All nicely captured Tara with plenty of detail :)

- I see you were at only 1/100s for the Red Squiggle, so were you using a support for that combo as it's quite heavy?

Russ

Due to a frozen shoulder I use a gimbal head on a monopod, recently changed from a straight tilt head and really prefer the gimbal, with the tilt I was always leaning the monopod which made it less stable, the gimbal means I keep the monopod more upright so the weight is straight down thru the pod, less strain on my shoulder and that means less pain and more photo taking fun :)

Interesting thread, I've recently purchased the Mkiii extender but I have no f2.8 glass to use with it, most of my glass is f4.

You have some good results there, especially at those shutter speeds. (y)

Nice images Tara

you know what "They" say no pain, no gain :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::exit:

Les :)

Beautiful images, Tara, and fantastic detail ... I'm envious :)

Back