2 for 2

Looking good - fine detail and brightness. It's difficult to avoid burnt out areas with the green bottle flies - they are so reflective! I can sometimes manage it, sometimes not. Did you use the camera flash or an external flash? Any diffusion?

#2 was an awkward angle for the flash by the look of it, with light being blocked from reaching the wasp's head.

Great progress. (And well done still finding subjects.)

Looking good - fine detail and brightness. It's difficult to avoid burnt out areas with the green bottle flies - they are so reflective! I can sometimes manage it, sometimes not. Did you use the camera flash or an external flash? Any diffusion?

#2 was an awkward angle for the flash by the look of it, with light being blocked from reaching the wasp's head.

Great progress. (And well done still finding subjects.)

Yeah I just used camera flash, its all I have at the moment and no i forgot my diffusion thingy as per usual ;p I did get what I thought was an awesome shot of the wasp in flight, but when i looked at it later it was out of focus badly.

Getting harder to find things to shoot, wish Id picked up this photography malarkey in summer

Yeah I just used camera flash, its all I have at the moment and no i forgot my diffusion thingy as per usual ;p I did get what I thought was an awesome shot of the wasp in flight, but when i looked at it later it was out of focus badly.

Getting harder to find things to shoot, wish Id picked up this photography malarkey in summer
I know how you feel in winter I seem to have only 3 possible subjects, springtails, spiders and woodlice.
Nice photos by the way, I guess with the 100mm macro you could have got closer but felt this was a better composition? (Composition IMHO often has many correct answers, depending on taste).

Last edited:
Back