2 of the girl

For me in image number 1, whilst I love the lens flare and DOF, the main subject is under exposed. I also feel the composition is a bit uneasy and the subject would be better placed on the opposite side of the frame. Number 2 feels is a better composition as the subject is looking into the frame.

Hi. I really like number one but as you've alluded to already just needs a bit of fill lighting.

Honest advice - time for a change of system [emoji12]

Only kidding. Be great to see what you come up with when you go back with the reflector!!

S

New system. Cheeky git. I've only had the Fuji 2 months.

Oh yeah, that's like twice as long as normal for me.

:D

If the sun is still out later on, i will give it a blast with the new lens. :)

Cheers.

I prefer the first one to the above one but I think the second one has a lot more going for it.
I think it's the position of your subject in the first one, too much detail is getting lost with the sun, as you have said though a reflector could be just what it needed.

Looks like summers nearly here

#3 is with a reflector. I'm a little disappointed with the result tbh. Got there and felt like i didn't really know what i was doing with it. Couldn't get the same position and reflector out of site etc.

Pretty Lily! :) I love the first one, but just echoing what you already know... This last one is very nice. She's such a cutie! Was that just the reflector pumping back the light?

Hiya. Just got back from a weekend away and past field's upon field of these flowers so it was good to see a photo taken using them in a supporting role.
Nice images, number one being the better to view but you know that by now :)
Coming to the thread late is good as you have been and tried again so I get to learn from what you did. That reflector as pumped hell of a lot of light back in. It does almost look like a flash was used uplighting your little gal.
I'm with you the first one still looks better and has bags more atmosphere.

Gaz

Back