20 20 Cricket

Good timing, but there seems to be a problem with image two, there's a area between the player and the first red bail that's seems patchy ??? Is this a bit of cloning as it also by the batsman knee/ pad

Last edited:
You have actually managed to make the game of cricket look interesting lol

Im sorry but the cloning in No2 is a disgrace, not only is it very poorly done its actually unethical, photographers/news editors have actually lost their jobs for this stuff.

Im sorry but the cloning in No2 is a disgrace, not only is it very poorly done its actually unethical, photographers/news editors have actually lost their jobs for this stuff.

Just shows how much I know about cricket. I was wondering what you were on about.
Had to go google and see what was missing lol

Nothing wrong with cloning here though (apart from the terrible execution). These aren't news images.
Really, they dont have to be news images, second team matches come under the guidance of the ECB and as such any photographer should follow the guidelines which clearly state:
(ii)
the still images are published as captured or with adaptation
but without deliberately removing, replacing or obscuring any
logo of a sponsor of the ECB, a team, a player or of the Venue

Really though. You can do what you like with your personal images.

Although with how petty ECB internal politics seem to be, who knows, maybe they'll start chasing fans to enforce daft photo rules on them. :)
Actually no you cant, first off you actually need permission from the ECB to cover second team games and then you must adhere to the ECB guidelines about what you can and cant do with those images, im not going to argue the finer points, yes its hogwash but its also strictly speaking the rules

You're allowed to take a camera into the stands as a crowd member aren't you?
Not according to the ECB the governing body, clubs must also adhere to the rules but to be honest most turn a blind eye

Gloucester apparently adhere to the rules http://www.gloscricket.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/ground-regulations/

"Please note that the use of any cameras, mobile phones, computers and other electronic equipment, for the recording, transmission or communication of match details, statistics, images etc, is not permitted other than with the proper accreditation."

Its exactly the same with all sports James, its all about licensing

Kent (bottom of page) http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/the-club/ground-regulations

Edgebaston (bottom of page) https://www.eticketing.co.uk/edgbaston/staticpages/termsandconditions.aspx

Its exactly the same with all sports James, its all about licensing

It's all about Branding, Merchantising and Profits! Sorry Gary, nothing personal, touched a raw nerve with me :(

Ooooh, that cloning is bad! Interested to know why it was even done?! I don't think it should be done, even if rules didn't prohibit, but since it was done, why do such a bad job that is so obvious to see?!!

I photographed some footy a couple of weeks ago, went to media room to send a couple of pics off and a bloke came over to have a nosey. He looked at one image of a goal being scored, though I had a celebrating player, keeper on the floor looking p***ed off etc, but no ball (it was just out of shot in the back of the net). He said 'That'd be a good one if it had a ball in it', I said yes it would but oh well. He said 'just stick one in from another photo, that's what we used to do when I was picture editor at xxxxxx newspaper (local paper).'

I was a bit shocked that he claimed they used to do that. Could have been talking rubbish though...

Ooooh, that cloning is bad! Interested to know why it was even done?! I don't think it should be done, even if rules didn't prohibit, but since it was done, why do such a bad job that is so obvious to see?!!

I photographed some footy a couple of weeks ago, went to media room to send a couple of pics off and a bloke came over to have a nosey. He looked at one image of a goal being scored, though I had a celebrating player, keeper on the floor looking p***ed off etc, but no ball (it was just out of shot in the back of the net). He said 'That'd be a good one if it had a ball in it', I said yes it would but oh well. He said 'just stick one in from another photo, that's what we used to do when I was picture editor at xxxxxx newspaper (local paper).'

I was a bit shocked that he claimed they used to do that. Could have been talking rubbish though...

The picture editor can and I know they do.... a photogrpaher can't ....

Wow! Never knew that!

I was told by a picture editor that i can send pics in with no ball and not tow worry about it as they ahve a library of different balls and they can add the right one ... big NO NO for photogrpahers to do it though.. but pic editors choice..

Haha! Crazy. I know that all the accreditation I have ever got has stuff in about not editing etc, but I did not know that didn't apply to picture desks. Interesting.

Haha! Crazy. I know that all the accreditation I have ever got has stuff in about not editing etc, but I did not know that didn't apply to picture desks. Interesting.

Same here.. BUT.... Not all sports photogrpahy is under licence :) 80% of mine isn't ..its still a nono if not under licence for the photogrpaher to do it..

Last edited:
Yea. A lot of stuff I do is not licensed, as you say, still a no no to clone etc. Tweak levels, sharpen and off they go. I'd be interested to know why the OP decided to clone anyway? I can only presume they thought the fielder was distracting?! Very odd.

Yea. A lot of stuff I do is not licensed, as you say, still a no no to clone etc. Tweak levels, sharpen and off they go. I'd be interested to know why the OP decided to clone anyway? I can only presume they thought the fielder was distracting?! Very odd.

i agree...but seems to ahve taken the hump and not returned.......

I was told by a picture editor that i can send pics in with no ball and not tow worry about it as they ahve a library of different balls and they can add the right one ... big NO NO for photogrpahers to do it though.. but pic editors choice..

The Sun did that with one of my footy pics that got used. The ball in the pic was miraculously a lot closer to the penalty taker than in the image I sent in. That enabled them to crop it closer and use it in the space they had available

It would be nice to hear from OP, I know he logged in at 6pm today.

Last edited:
Back