MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
***Meet Date Announced***

Saturday 25th April 2015

I've had a lot of great feedback from the last meet, along with quite a few request already for when the next meet is going to be (y) so as it was going to be a bit difficult to actually keep up with the requests to let people I thought it was easier to just get a planning thread up and running that way those interested can express there interest and subscribe to the thread to be kept up to date with the planning stage through to when a date is finalised (y)

So it will be a night of wire wool and general light painting fun for those that have never done this type of thing or just want to come out and have some fun then this will be the meet for you

Provisionally I expect this meet to be in the same location at Langcliffe

[MAP]maps/ms?msid=216247196357526154602.0004c61d4e44315ed1880&msa=0&ll=54.090724,-2.271187&spn=0.003775,0.010568[/MAP]

So if you've never done wire wool before I suppose that you'll be wanting to know what it is and how it's done, to get the full low down on Wire wool spinning please read my guide

But this is the kind of thing you can expect from the evening

344/366 (709)
by mwhcvt, on Flickr

We will also be bringing to other light painting toy's to the meet for others to play with for some creative photography but if you already have some night time light toys please bring them with you (y)

You don't have to be an experienced photographer to attend this meet so if your only just getting into photography please don't hesitate to come along as this will be a fully lead meet with experienced wire wool nutters :LOL:

This meet is brought to you by Myself and Darrell (thedodo) those that attended the last meet will confirm what fun was had (y)

There are some minimum kit requirements for this meet

You will need a Camera, Tripod and Locking Trigger anything else is optional, you should remember though that this will be a night meet so suitable clothing is a must as we shall be outside for a few hours (y)

Health and Safety bit, wirewool can and does get hot so protection in the form of hat's, gloves and goggles are really a must, and to the safety of this kilns, while there is very little chance of causing damage being a stone structure fire suppressing equipment will be on hand (y)

Darrell (thedodo)
Matt (MWHCVT)

Last edited:
OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Attending:

MWHCVT
TheDodo
Billy
Posiview
Buck
*Sarah*
Delta Skies
ChrisH
Phil-D
Morfis
Mattd85
faddius
steve_lyt
Nikon Ken
Mardybum
robsea
vince31
Wegotitugetit
Smokeygoose
CGeezer
SimonH
Ste_Lord
Just Dave
Buttkicker
Marcel
Jimmy Lemon
matwest904q +1

Interested:
Caravanwalks
BigJohn
lizzy23
Staffitaxi
carolthomasburns
nickjohnwatson
Black Pudding
ChickenDipa
gridlock
michael23
Cg_Girl
SilveR_172
TimmyG
northcountrygirl

Last edited:
OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
ChrisH said:
I'm up for a new visit, like others dependant on dates.

Maybe a month first so we can all get on the same page :D
There will be a minimum of a 3 month warning of the meet (y) going to try for early summer this time ;)

Name
Liz
Edit My Images
Yes
maybe from me date dependant

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Pencil me in too Matt.

Might be better to edit this out of your post "you should remember though that this will be a night meet in December" given that we're aiming for early summer.

OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
morfis said:
Pencil me in too Matt.

Might be better to edit this out of your post "you should remember though that this will be a night meet in December" given that we're aiming for early summer.
That would be a copy and paste fail :D

OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
staffitaxi said:
I'm a definite maybe for this one depending on date.
Andrea would be great to have you there your information for the last one was invaluable (y)

OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
staffitaxi said:
Yep, shame I wimped out due to the cold last time.
:D you missed out on a great meet that said I did miss the last bit of the meet as I had to warm up in the car a little as I was getting lung burn I was a little cold :(

OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Dependant on date & weather as always (y)
With this one as it will be a dedicated trip up dependant on routing you might just be able to get in the car :D

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
I make no promises as I've not looked at the routing yet but it's a possibility (y)
No worries, I wouldn't want you going out of your way - which I think will be the case glancing at the map. It should be faster for you to trundle up the M6 (y)