2016 Skoda Octavia VRS

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Very good set. The blocked out number plates are very distracting though. These are sometimes the brightest bit of the shot, and often the sharpest bit of the shot so they really stand out. There must be tricks to improve that aspect of shots like these.

The bush on the right of shot four is a bit too distracting and your logo gets in the way of shot 9 as it hides the reflections a little. 12 is a bit too dark and blocked up for me, but that's down to taste. The reflection in shot 8 seems to have lost all detail which is a shame as the detail is there in the bodywork. 2 and 5 are excellent and my picks of the bunch.

All interesting photographs, Brian, really cool ideas and takes!

My only concern is that in such an approach to product photography,
I would consider as very important to have well chosen strategies that
would show throughout the whole presentation.

I this case, the strategy used in the prior to SR work is consistent and
well achieved. The one used in rendering the work, OTH, is not. I can
see three different approaches to rendition here:
1, represented by #1, full colour and punchy
2, represented by #8, monochrome and punchy
3, represented by #14, colour and flat

What ever product, the most important is consistency. A client my not
like some part(s) of the project presented but the keyword here is your
capacity to bring to end an achieved and constant project.

You must be doing something right, Brian, keep rocking!

Beautiful tones in your processing, Brian. Great images!

Thanks everyone :)

Very good set. The blocked out number plates are very distracting though. These are sometimes the brightest bit of the shot, and often the sharpest bit of the shot so they really stand out. There must be tricks to improve that aspect of shots like these.

Yeah, bit of a nightmare and was close to the point of scrapping them all and phoning Skoda to see if they could give me a VRS plate lol. I added noise to them all to try and blend them but couldn't quite get it right.

3, represented by #14, colour and flat

True, didn't even notice until you pointed it out to be fair, I'll re-do this one tonight, thanks :)

The first thing to work on is the DRL… maybe you could try that on your RAW.

Skodapp.jpg

Great set of images mate really like those and nice car btw.

Last edited:
Very nice set. Really like the tone and processing of #2 and #3. Great detail :)

A great set and drama is increased by the choice of angle. The only criticism I can make is of those close-up shots of the water beading. The beads are quite flat and lifeless whereas if the car had been wearing a fresh coat of quality wax or sealant the beads would've stood proud and been more uniform. Just google 'wax beading' to see what I mean. Sorry to be an anorak but it would improve what is already a great set in my opinion.

Back