2019-20 Worst sales ever?

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone feel like the sales were rubbish or non-existent this year? I mean sales for generic items, clothes, etc. All I saw in Bullring was 10-15% off if anything off of raised prices on a very limited range of stock. It is not how I remember it being say 10 years ago...

The only non-photography thing I bought was from ebay for £9.99. I can buy chicom junk at full price whenever I actually need it, no need to do it over Sales-mas season.

Can’t say I’m surprised. Bricks and mortar shops are already trading on very thin margins to compete with online businesses, I doubt they can afford to cut their prices too much more.

A lot of the “sale”items aren’t genuine reductions anyway, they’re either lines bought-in especially or the prices have been artificially inflated for a few weeks in the run up to Xmas, then reduced again.

There's been a few good sales around here lately, a big department store is closing with up to 70% discounts so other shops have big reductions too to catch the extra visitors around town, if they'd shopped there normally it might have been profitable and staying open.
Wife bought me a Calvin Klein t shirt £15 down from £65, not something I'd have gone for but, SWMBO, happier with the new baffies, £10 from £25, the rest was hers so didn't pay attention.

Back