22 Squadron SAR Final Weekend

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Its very sad but SAR 22 Squadron finish after this weekend and there a lot of anger in the area as its been part of North Devon since I was born and all the cuts have meant it's going. I had the day off today so ventured down to Braunton Burrows and while there the helecopter took off and did a few fly byes right over me so managed to get some photos of it as a memento.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• …cropped far too tight for pleasure!

All other aspects are straight right on the kisser!

Agree about the tight cropping, otherwise nice photos.. Very sad to see 22 go, I flew with them many times when I was stationed at RAF Chivenor

It's not cropped it was on my 500mm I had nothing else with me so that's how it is from camera (I straightened it that was it) it was more about being so tight and seeing the pilots that did it for me, I have load so mihgt have some distant shots as it did loads of loops during the day

Adam,
if Glen and I agree about the crop… I knew that these were done through a long
baby and
that somehow you had no other choice! I did not say you made a mistake
but "too tight for pleasure"! Here, the word crop is used for frame or composition.

Don't often comment on Aircraft as not something I shoot allot, but do like these to be honest, like they are closer in as gives nice detail :)

• …cropped far too tight for pleasure!

All other aspects are straight right on the kisser!
Thank you Kodiak comments appreciated
Agree about the tight cropping, otherwise nice photos.. Very sad to see 22 go, I flew with them many times when I was stationed at RAF Chivenor
Thanks Glenn one of your career highlights? We all gutted to see it go

Adam,
if Glen and I agree about the crop… I knew that these were done through a long
baby and
that somehow you had no other choice! I did not say you made a mistake
but "too tight for pleasure"! Here, the word crop is used for frame or composition.
Apologies Kodiak if I made you think I was crisitising your comments I wasn't, it was just saying what I was using and didn't understand the quote sorry
Nice shots. Close in and personal on the pilots works for me :)
This is what I really liked about the shot and they seemed to like it as they used it today in their Facebook page when posting thanks to people's support :)
Don't often comment on Aircraft as not something I shoot allot, but do like these to be honest, like they are closer in as gives nice detail :)
Really appreciate you commenting Stuart

A mate of mine used to fly in the RAF (JPs, Gnats, Hunters and F4s). He still maintains regretting not having any images of himself in the cockpit. So, I'm pretty sure the pilots will totally appreciate these shots :)

So sad air rescue is being privatised.

A mate of mine used to fly in the RAF (JPs, Gnats, Hunters and F4s). He still maintains regretting not having any images of himself in the cockpit. So, I'm pretty sure the pilots will totally appreciate these shots :)

So sad air rescue is being privatised.

Yes very sad indeed its one of those areas again you cannot help but think going privatised money will play too much a part of decisions which at some point it might cost lives (which I so hope like many I am wrong) on a more positive note I am guessing the new fleet is far more advanced than the now aging sea kings ?

Great shots and yes, a very sad time

Thanks Paul, very sad indeed, I was gutted I missed the display that was put on for the pilots the last weekend they were in service, it was a motorised glider with pyrotechnics doing a display at dusk and the videos I have seen looked amazing bit like a red arrows type smoke trails but with fireworks ! so they had a good send off

Yes wish I had knew they were doing that would loved to have gone and seen it / took some photos and video for myself it looked amazing

Back