2nd attempt of reversing lens

Edit My Images
Yes
I tired the reversing lens today again,adjusted the angle of the flash from the C-bracket, used a torch to light the bugs for focusing and with 36mm tube oly. I still find this set-up is a bit bulky and heavy for me to use. But no doubt this set-up can fill the frame with bugs without crop in pp. My current set-up is a Nikon D7100 + Sigma 105mm OS + a YN565 EX which is a bit heavy for me and can't get good result with tiny bugs so took the advises from @Tintin124 and @G.K.Jnr. to try the reversing lens. Don't get me wrong that this set-up doesn't work ,it just doesn't suit me. At least I tried:)

I know you said you give up easily but give this more of a chance.

I think you can find a solution to make it work for you. :)

I know you said you give up easily but give this more of a chance.

I think you can find a solution to make it work for you. :)

Thanks Byrn for the encouragement:)

I am disheartened already:( but I don't want to give up yet, as I would like to find a solution for the marco photography, I love bugs:D however, every time I need to carry a 'heavy loaded' gear and not able to do what I want is frustrated:mad:

Been thinking how to get the weight down of the set-up, the Sigma is a great lens but I know it won't last for long for me because of the weight.

As I said in another one of you threads Icy, you're nearly there so it's well worth persevering to get it right.

That second shot is showing some fine detail and the exposure is pretty much nailed.(y)

George.

I am disheartened already:( but I don't want to give up yet, as I would like to find a solution for the marco photography, I love bugs:D however, every time I need to carry a 'heavy loaded' gear and not able to do what I want is frustrated:mad:

Been thinking how to get the weight down of the set-up, the Sigma is a great lens but I know it won't last for long for me because of the weight.

I feel for you. The weight/bulk/awkward to use side of things got to me almost instantly with the MPE-65 and MT24EX when I tried them, and although I didn't send the Sigma 105 back (like I did with the Canon 100L along with the MPE-65 and MT24EX) I don't use the Sigma. More and more I'm appreciating the lightness and easy handling of my bridge camera (FZ200) and achromats, with a simple flash diffuser on the hot shoe.

I'm not suggesting that setup for you (or for anyone else) - there are other alternatives that are lighter than your current setup, for example micro four thirds. But I think getting to a setup that you are comfortable with rather than kit you are struggling with/getting exasperated/exhausted by is really important. Bryn and George are right about not giving up too quickly with any particular setup you are trying - it does take time, and some things that seem impossibly difficult at first can turn out to be quite doable after a while. But if it is the weight that is getting you down you might need to have a rethink because I don't think practice is going to make your kit feel any lighter.

I feel for you. The weight/bulk/awkward to use side of things got to me almost instantly with the MPE-65 and MT24EX when I tried them, and although I didn't send the Sigma 105 back (like I did with the Canon 100L along with the MPE-65 and MT24EX) I don't use the Sigma. More and more I'm appreciating the lightness and easy handling of my bridge camera (FZ200) and achromats, with a simple flash diffuser on the hot shoe.

I'm not suggesting that setup for you (or for anyone else) - there are other alternatives that are lighter than your current setup, for example micro four thirds. But I think getting to a setup that you are comfortable with rather than kit you are struggling with/getting exasperated/exhausted by is really important. Bryn and George are right about not giving up too quickly with any particular setup you are trying - it does take time, and some things that seem impossibly difficult at first can turn out to be quite doable after a while. But if it is the weight that is getting you down you might need to have a rethink because I don't think practice is going to make your kit feel any lighter.

Thanks Nick for your comments:) To be honest, I have thought about to change to Canon and get the MP-E + MT24EX but I do concern about the weight after checking. You even sent them back so I don't think it would be any good to me (tho I would still like to try,unfortunately these are expensive and not something cheap to try).

I have been looking around for the CSC and there are so many different models, I start to get a headache. Quite like the Sony A6000 and Olympus E-M10 but am not quite sure what will be the best options.I will keep on trying with the reversing lens to get used to it and find a better way that suits me till I can't put up with it anymore:mad:

Back