2nd Gig - Bullet For My Valentine

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes

I think you nailed the second take alright but #1 and #3 do not reflect the same
treatment when it comes to DRL rendition. He is a suggestion (you could do better with the RAW file!):

bullet%201.jpg

Last edited:
Phil, have never tried this but these look pretty good to me. In your other thread I didn't comment but you looked too close and were shooting up at quite an angle. These look wider or shot from further back and I think these look way better. Perhaps another metre back so you're not cropping off the bottom of the guitars might be worth a try (just personal opinion). I like them all but #3 is my favourite.

Last edited:

I think you nailed the second take alright but #1 and #3 do not reflect the same
treatment when it comes to DRL rendition. He is a suggestion (you could do better with the RAW file!):

bullet%201.jpg

Thank you for your advice. I will bare it in mind for the next time. I have already sent the images to the magazine so unable to drag them back and edit this time.

Phil, have never tried this but these look pretty good to me. In your other thread I didn't comment but you looked too close and were shooting up at quite an angle. These look wider or shot from further back and I think these look way better. Perhaps another metre back so you're not cropping off the bottom of the guitars might be worth a try (just personal opinion). I like them all but #3 is my favourite.

Thank you! The venue had a bigger pit to work in this time. I couldn't get another metre though, I was shooting from pretty much up against the railings with fans arms on my shoulders!

Thank you! The venue had a bigger pit to work in this time. I couldn't get another metre though, I was shooting from pretty much up against the railings with fans arms on my shoulders!

What lens are you using Phil? Looks like you might have an excuse to acquire a wider lens perhaps? Was this at Rock City again? I have fond memories of that place from back in the 80s...

No this was at The Engine shed in Lincoln. I have a 70-200 2.8 in my bag but I'm always too close for that. I'm using a 24-105 f4.
I could probably do with getting a 24-70....I'm never really above 70mm.

I guess if you go any wider you'll get distortion. I picked up a 24-70 second hand off here a few months ago. It rarely comes off my camera now, great lens.

I guess if you go any wider you'll get distortion. I picked up a 24-70 second hand off here a few months ago. It rarely comes off my camera now, great lens.

I'm testing out a wider lens shooting wheatus tommorow night so I'll see what I get. I'm just debating whether to give up the 24-105 to help fund a 24-70....

I'm testing out a wider lens shooting wheatus tommorow night so I'll see what I get. I'm just debating whether to give up the 24-105 to help fund a 24-70....

Would be interested to see how you get on. I suppose it's whether you feel you need to get more in shot or have a faster lens.

You don't seem to have any noise issues with your current set up. You could always get the 24-70 and take the shots from the mosh pit !!

the only thing that bugs me is the microphone growing out of guys nose, :(, a simple step to the left and would of been great, easier said on here in retrospect i know, ive shot enough bands to know how difficult it can be especially with rock bands as they tend to be quite energetic, apart from that and the slight crop of the bottom of the guitar you have have done really well,great lighting...keep going brother

Back