Wild 2nd one shot yesterday

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
It's a great capture but its a shame the sun is overhead and rather harsh.

I agree Jeremy, not much I can do about the sun position and it is a VERY Elusive bird- so happy enough to have got on in camera - thank you for your comments

Les :)

Great to even see a Water Rail, Les - that hide is proving invaluable mate :)

Russ

Thank you Russ- its great but an absolute pain to take down and pack into the little circular bag it came with :)

Les

Don't hold your breath John :(

Not sounding good,Roger. I watched Govey on the Andrew Marr show earlier and he sounded to me as if he was giving a subtle heads-up to the lockdown being extended past the 4 weeks. A scientist on the show said even when it finishes most will revert to the Tier three plus..whatever the difference means from Tier 1. You're very fortunate to have your nightly visitors .We were booked for a week in Cornwall starting on November 13th. Just to get away for different scenery and keep our sanity. That's cancelled now.Won't moan though, lots of people far worse off.

Thats a beauty Les

Thank you Steve - nice of you to say fella :)

Lovely detail,Les.A long time since I've seen one of these(Slimbridge).Not sure when it will be ok to return,maybe next Spring. When Roger returns I'll take the cue..:)

They are limiting the number of visitors. They clean the hides twice a day and leave the windows open. https://www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/slimbridge/bookings/

Thank you John :)

I would love to get up there at some point- Perhaps a meet there could/would be lovely ( Covid permitting) Roger and I have met( in the hide at Swell Woods I believe) - still be nice to put faces to names and catch up

Les :)

Another bird not often seen, great to see.

Thank you Dale- I am lucky in respect of my location, plenty about on the Somerset Levels - still very Elusive though Dale :)

Les

Have to say, never seen one so well done. The sun was against you but as you said there's not much you can do about it.

Back