2nd Woodpecker this week

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Lesser spotted woodpecker, good catch well done!

Another fantastic capture. I agree the setting and ambiance adds nicely to this image.

I know you didn't ask for critique but if I may suggest something I'd say it's best to crop this in portrait orientation or even a square crop :)

Last edited:
Very nice shot Lez.

“Excellent” shot, with good comp‘, colour, & detail.

George.

I'd go for juvenile GSW. I don't think we get LSWs at Swell Wood, though if we do someone please let me know - I'll be there in 15 mins :) There definitely looks to be a pink flush under the rear fuselage in this one.

Yes we do get LSW at Swell woods & Green Woodpecker too, just need to know where to look Jan- which in my experience is well away from
that Misfit of a hide :)

Les

Yes we do get LSW at Swell woods & Green Woodpecker too, just need to know where to look Jan- which in my experience is well away from
that Misfit of a hide :)

Les

That's encouraged me to go there a bit more often. Thanks Les. I agree with you about the hide. It's horrible, and not photographer friendly. I'm sure they could have come up with something like the old one, but with an area accessible for those with reduced mobility. I think that's why I've stopped going there, although it's just up the road from me.

That's encouraged me to go there a bit more often. Thanks Les. I agree with you about the hide. It's horrible, and not photographer friendly. I'm sure they could have come up with something like the old one, but with an area accessible for those with reduced mobility. I think that's why I've stopped going there, although it's just up the road from me.

I do go there quite a lot- is quieter than say Greylake or Ham Wall and I do see some amazing things - I don't always get a shot but
still nice to see Roe Deer and their young wandering around

The trick I use is to find a dry place to sit - preferably with my back to a large tree wearing my camo jacket and Green cargo pants and wait, If I don't see much I'll move and try again- if that fails there are plenty of Fungi to shoot

Good luck

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back