34092 City of Wells

More great stuff Dave!
It always looks like there is a break in the line just there.
I almost did a 'Railway Children' when I first saw it!

More great stuff Dave!
It always looks like there is a break in the line just there.
I almost did a 'Railway Children' when I first saw it!

Ta.

Safety rails to stop it tipping over and going over the bridge if it derails.

That's a superb photo of what in my opinion is a very ugly engine! This Southern class simply does not have the elegance of many other passenger express steam locomotives.

That's a superb photo of what in my opinion is a very ugly engine! This Southern class simply does not have the elegance of many other passenger express steam locomotives.

Beauty is a relative thing, as is ugly. I like the the loco and always have. It certainly makes the most smoke at the ELR, hence the nickname 'Volcano'

It's a bit Fugly for sure! :)

Can;t help thinking there's a nice looking engine under there somewhere :)

Beauty is a relative thing, as is ugly. I like the the loco and always have. It certainly makes the most smoke at the ELR, hence the nickname 'Volcano'

....Of course, but I have always thought it looks very boxy and lacking the fluid lines of Sir Nigel Gresley designs like "Mallard".

I love the fact that it makes lots of smoke though!

That first photo is probably the finest picture I have ever seen of this loco class. There is a certain type of beauty in its brutal appearance which is growing on me.

That first photo is probably the finest picture I have ever seen of this loco class. There is a certain type of beauty in its brutal appearance which is growing on me.

Back