35 Year Jail Terms...

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
...handed out to the two prime movers in the murder of WPC Sharon Beshenevsky. :clap:

Not the sentence I believe they actually deserve, but a good one, and it sends out a strong message to the mongrels who commit these callous crimes.

If they serve that long it will be apparoaching a realistic punishment.

Heres hoping they "dont" get any early realease.

that's one of the problems we have in this country no minimum sentence's, if people new what they was going to get i think they might think twice, life for callous murder's like that one with never any chance of parole, 25 years for rape, 15 year's for mugging, and 6 year's for burglary all with no chance of parole ever, in dubai they still chop off people's hands for stealing, at least that way it's garaunteed they can't pick anything up again !

They have actually been give life with MINIMUM term of 35 years :clap:

Coming from a country that does have minimum sentencing requirements they really don't work! People who commit crimes of a assault nature (rape, murder etc...) normally have no care for either themselves or others. If minimum sentencing worked then so would the death penalty. Unfortunately there is allot more to be said about stopping crime before it happens than what you do after it does.

That being said when I heard some man had raped a 6 year old little girl or the couple who raped the baby and they only got like 10 year minimum that is just sickening and a grave miscarriage of justice!

Well these sentences do work in that these two highly dangerous individuals are no threat whatsoever to the general public for the next 35+ years. ;)

Well these sentences do work in that these two highly dangerous individuals are no threat whatsoever to the general public for the next 35+ years. ;)

EXACTLY ! ;)

well that is true but the comment had been that if people knew what they were going to get they wouldn't do it. And that I don't agree with. Jail is a punishment and a safety net for society not a deterrent.

They should just hang them. Why bother feeding/caring for them for 35 years?

well that is true but the comment had been that if people knew what they were going to get they wouldn't do it. And that I don't agree with. Jail is a punishment and a safety net for society not a deterrent.

i did'ent say they would'ent do it, i said they might think twice about doing it, i've seen many tv show's with young mugger's and burglar's quite openly laughing in the face of the law, all because they know when they get caught they will end up with a non custodial sentence.

And I still say that it wouldn't make a difference as going to jail is a sign of being a "man" to many of these hoodlums. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I remember hearing an interview with a Scottish Guy who was one of the last people to be Birched in the Isle of Man...he said it would definitely deter him from commiting an offence again...so Bring back the Birch ....Barbaric, but if it works great !

In these modern times of DNA forensics, there is no reason why they should not reintroduce the death penalty when someone's guilt can be proven beyond doubt.

In these modern times of DNA forensics, there is no reason why they should not reintroduce the death penalty when someone's guilt can be proven beyond doubt.

Because the State has no right to kill. Look at the furore in Florida at the moment - the reason the 'humane' lethal injections don't work is because Doctor's aren't allowed to administer them due to their hippocratic oath. There's all manner of problems associated with how to proceed with executions and there will always be doubt in some people's minds as to the deterrent value of them (it never did and never will IMO).

Better by far to incarcerate criminals despite the expense involved. I have happy, warm thoughts knowing Myra Hindley (for example) died in Jail, wanting nothing more than to be let out, despite all the creature comforts she was afforded inside. Deprive them of life and their suffering ends, keep them locked up and they are tormented for ever - assuming that Life means Life...

For the families of victims it will never be enough, but there you go.

Deprive them of life and their suffering ends, keep them locked up and they are tormented for ever - assuming that Life means Life...

For the families of victims it will never be enough, but there you go.

A quote everyone should agree with. I do.;)

i would agree 100% if life meant life, unfortunately these day's it does,ent, and while some don't agree longer minimum jail sentence's don't help or deter the hardened criminal, my point is, it keeps them inside away from the rest of us for much longer peroids,which means we don't have to put up with there s**t, and as far as i'm concerned that can only be a good thing.

...handed out to the two prime movers in the murder of WPC Sharon Beshenevsky. :clap:

Not the sentence I believe they actually deserve, but a good one, and it sends out a strong message to the mongrels who commit these callous crimes.
a reasonable sentence but still not long enough

yet the people who stamped on my friends head so hard he died on the way back from a nightclub after throwing bricks at other people leaving alternative nightclubs in the area, get 7 years and a new identity when they finally get released.

i dont think the sentence would be anywhere near as severe if she hadnt been a police officer.... although in all cases of murder it should reflect the crime and that for me means life, ******** to the ability to reform and change your ways, everyone knows killing another human being is wrong and there shouldnt be the chance to recommit, they should be locked up and fed bread and water for the rest of there lives, lets give crime some form of deterent. jail isnt a punishment if the perks inside jail are greater than they would have in freedom (read tv's playstations etc etc) hence the high level of reoffending, alot of criminals actually have a better life inside than out.

one thing i dont understand is "released eearly on good behaivior" hows abotu they demonstrated the good behaviour when they were free before they committed the crime and didnt commit the crime in the first place, the term they are given is the term they should serve, no early release, no nothing, exactly what it says on the tin.

bread and water for 10 years and no early realease that would reduce repeat offending, oh and no drugs, ******** to their human rights, they waived rights to them when they broke the laws set about by the country

It's these Whimps we have as MP's that are the problem...and too many Do Gooder's.....

Unfortunately today the prison service is slanted towards reform and rehabilitation. It has it's notable successes which are always trumpeted from the rooftops, but far more failures. The idea of rehabilitation is going to get nowhere until we start on the root cause of the problem which is the environment in which they're brought up and where they get their sense of values... if any.... the home.

Frankly I have no idea how to solve that one, and neither does anyone else. :shrug:

Back