35mm in 120 camera

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from this discussion over in the Talk Film and Convential thread, here are some examples from my experiments with 35mm film in my Pentax 6x7.

1. Ebay adapters and a test film in place.

2. Ilford Delta 3200 Model: Raphaella
6838467311_afb8415df8.jpg

(clicking on this will take you to a gallery with naked in. Just sayin'...)

3. Fuji Superia 200 Model: Angeline

Observations:
-It's cheaper than a Sprocket Rocket
-Shoot everything as close to the edge as you can. Otherwise the sprocket holes become a distraction rather part of the composition.
-Sprockets and landscapes are not a good mix!

See what I mean?! :/

*Edit: There should be four images here TP and Flickr BBCode are being weird with each other :/

Last edited:
Oh I don't know I think in the right landscape and maybe black and white the sprokets could add something, good bunch of shot.

I like the format ratio, xpanoramic, I personally wouldn't be including the sprocket holes, they just don't work for me on anything really, they also bust my pano ratio up...:)
I need to find this shop that sells P67's for less than a sprocket rocket too.....:ROFLMAO:
Apart from the holes, I quite like the first 2, well framed for the format.

I'm gonna disagree with John on the sprocket holes for the first two... I think they work really well with the rest of the shot, though I can see it'd work as well without.

Lee,

I do like what you have done,how do you wind the film back into the 35mm canister?

All my 120 camera,s wind on to the receiving spool before removal.

I'm gonna disagree with John on the sprocket holes for the first two... I think they work really well with the rest of the shot, though I can see it'd work as well without.

I've found that, as long as you compose with the holes in mind, it works. My adapters came with a mask for the focus screen (quick ebay search) that helps remind me to keep the composition right to the edge of the frame.
You can crop the holes out, but that kind of defeats the purpose of adapting to 35mm as you'd have much more scope cropping a pano from a full 6x7 neg.

Mine too Richard : A fumble in a changing bag is required to unload, and manually rewind ;)

That,s what I thought,going to give that a try.

Thank you.

Back