365 : A self portrait every day for one year

Well Marcel what can I say. Fantastic project. I have had so much fun reading and looking at all the posts. I can't believe I missed the thread. Wont be missing any more tho keep up the good work:clap::clap::clap:(y):clap::clap::clap:

Agreed with above - this is your best to date - cracking shot.

How about the next one of you building a wardrobe ?

;)

Anth.

Already beat you to it. I took todays shot at 2 o clock! ;)...watch this space :p

Thanks for the comments wilmorh/Staggerlee :)

Day 047/365 - Bit of DIY

2277235255_845bcd9476_o.jpg

I built my son a wardrobe today.
Well, I say 'built', it was actually just putting it together. Can't beat Ikea furniture.

It was still quite a strenuous task though. My face was leaking and I was panting. I think I'm just way too out of shape and fat...lol

I didn't do bad actually. Only took me about 15 minutes to put it all together, and we only got it on Sunday night. Normally it would be a good month or two before I got round to even thinking of doing it!

Well done my son!

It's been a loyal wardrobe!!!

Was your shot for tomorrow taken at 2:01pm today and involved you hopping around the room swearing like a trooper after hitting your thumb with the hammer? ;)

Anth.

:LOL: Nope....Im usually quite careful with hammers.

Im thinking one of me at the gym actually :p

Well I never got to the gym. Did the long school walk this morning and it was coooooooold, so we went shopping instead.

Day 048/365 - Head Scratching

2279825009_612696ed8f_o.jpg

This is wholly inspired by the flickr group threesixtyfive, and their as.sim.i.lat.ed wednesdays.
Todays concept was "Head Scratching", so I decided to try and "think out of the box" so to speak. :D Slightly against the ethos of the as.sim.i.lat.ed ethos, and for that I apologise :)
(Yes, it's my cat scratching post, I was being a cat scratching its head) lol

LOL That came off after about a week of having the scratcher.

Hehe thanks you two :)

Here's a little tip. It is actually a really nice feeling. Now I know why the cat rubs her head on it...lol Its like a really good scratcher :D

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Great shot!!

Still loving this thread everyday Marcel, keep it up!:clap:

LOL at the last shot, not going to try it tho my cat would kill me :D

Day 049/365 - Family lunch

2281189963_c6f08b6c39_o.jpg

My family came round for lunch today. Well, some of them. I have two sisters, this was one of them, with one of her daughters and one of her sons, along with my mum (and my son of course).
So I gathered them on the couch for a nice quick family portrait.

Flipping heck Marcel ! This must be the earliest you've ever posted one of your 365. :) What you going to do with your time tonight.

Grand looking family you there. (y)

Nice shots Marcel. Like the cat scratching one - although the thought of fleas would make me itch lots!!!! (bad enough seeing headlice everyday at work!).

Also a nice one for your family album.

Still checking this thread daily - keep up the good work!

Anth.

Been away all week (near your neck Marcel ... :D) so had some catching up to do here ... :cautious:

I see you haven't let the standards slip in my absence ... ;) ... some super takes showing great imagination ... (y) ... and a real nice family ... portrait ... :D

As for getting stuck for ideas ... Bol<cough>lox ... :nono:

:p

another good one for the collection
if I were being picky (code for - I'm about to be picky)
the flash has given your sister a funny fringe to her frock
and given you odd(er) ear lobes

Where are you??? have I missed it???

patiently awaiting your next fabarooni pic:D:p

Off to bed now :LOL:

Havent posted it yet Snugglepuss. Had internet problems for the past couple of hours. Am about to upload it now :)

Day 050/365 - Fast food goodness

2285156508_2214b3a272_o.jpg

OK It's naughty of me, but I ate at McDonalds this evening. I know it goes right against my healthy eating plan, but I've maintained this week (infact I think I lost 1/2 a pound), and I haven't had *much* to eat today, so I allowed myself a blowout at McD's this evening. Besides, I was chuffing hungry :D

I went to a photgraphy exhibition of a friend and fellow Talk Photography member, <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/petecarr">Pete Carr</a>. It was the opening night and I was invited, along with some other people. Had a lovely hour or two wandering round chatting to a few people, eating Blackjacks and Fruit Salads (sweeties), and drinking apple juice, while trying to find sensor goobers in petes prints :D.
At closing time, we headed over to a bar, then onto McD's for some food, where I remembered I had to do a 365 for today.

As a side note, this was the first outing for my manbag with camera in it, and it was quite comfy to carry!

OK It's naughty of me, but I ate at McDonalds this evening. I know it goes right against my healthy eating plan, but I've maintained this week (infact I think I lost 1/2 a pound), and I haven't had *much* to eat today, so I allowed myself a blowout at McD's this evening.

This reminded me of a friend who starved herself for 36hrs so she could eat a couple of fresh cream eclairs. :thinking:

Why do you want to lose weight anyway? You look OK to me. In fact you look like Marcel.

Yay! Only one to avoid being on that latest shot Marcel :p What do I win? :p

Outdoor shots will be coming soon! :D

Day 046/365 - Just doing the pots love!

2275936600_96f90a1e8f_o.jpg

A chance conversation with a friend on MSN spurred the inspiration for this one.
We were talking about our weight loss techniques and she was discussing the need to drink lots and lots of water :D
That, gelled with the idea I had of the goggles and boom, my inspiration candle started burning :D

Who says you can't have fun doing the washin up? :D

Fantastic Marcel. Brilliant.:clap:

hehe

......snip......

I've also called them charlie chuckles and polly pickles on many occasion...No idea why though

Steady on there Bod!

Great series of shots Marcel..... I envy your vision. Keep going.

Day 050/365 - Fast food goodness

2285156508_2214b3a272_o.jpg

OK It's naughty of me, but I ate at McDonalds this evening. I know it goes right against my healthy eating plan, but I've maintained this week (infact I think I lost 1/2 a pound), and I haven't had *much* to eat today, so I allowed myself a blowout at McD's this evening. Besides, I was chuffing hungry :D

I went to a photgraphy exhibition of a friend and fellow Talk Photography member, <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/petecarr">Pete Carr</a>. It was the opening night and I was invited, along with some other people. Had a lovely hour or two wandering round chatting to a few people, eating Blackjacks and Fruit Salads (sweeties), and drinking apple juice, while trying to find sensor goobers in petes prints :D.
At closing time, we headed over to a bar, then onto McD's for some food, where I remembered I had to do a 365 for today.

As a side note, this was the first outing for my manbag with camera in it, and it was quite comfy to carry!
OOO haven't had a Maccy D's for ooo ages! Do you eat the nasty horrid blah gherkins ???:puke::puke: What sort of food is that ??:LOL:

As for Black Jacks - yum yum :LOL:

It's interesting that despite the fact we are "told" that Maccy D's are bad for you, there is always a queue, regardless of what time it is :shrug: as your photo proves :LOL: Nobody with the exception of one chap in the queue is taking a blind bit of notice of you taking the photo - all are munching happily or waiting patiently for their meal!

Nobody with the exception of one chap in the queue is taking a blind bit of notice of you taking the photo - all are munching happily or waiting patiently for their meal!

That might have something to do with the fact that that was like the 5th attempt at the shot :p everyone else had got bored :p

Day 051/365 - Happy Birthday Shaun

2286647429_106953e6ed_o.jpg

My wife and I were invited to a 40th birthday party this evening, for an old friend, who I used to work with on the buses.
It was a really nice night, catching up with all the old workmates of mine, and I realised even though I hated the job, I do miss having a laugh and joke with the lads. Good to see many of them again (many of whom have left the buses and moved on like me).
Not much more to say, because I'm off to Focus on Imaging 2008 tomorrow, and I need to be up in less than 6 hours for a 2 hour drive lol

Night night!

Fantastic thread Marcel - it truly is. The photos and the commentaries have been varied but really fun. I hope your 365 helps with your self-confidence (y)

Back