4 Macro Shots

Fantastic work (y)

Can I ask what settings you used?

f# most interested in :D

Last edited:
Fantastic work (y)

Can I ask what settings you used?

f# most interested in :D

Thank you everyone really appreciate the nice comments. I dont post much so its nice to get some feedback :) Tintin I shot these at f/5.6, iso 200 and 1/160.

These are amazing! Lovely light and of course, fabulous detail. I particularly like the composition you've gone for in the second. Lovely work.

I too would like further information around your setup, in particular how you go about cleaning your subjects (these look sparkling!). Great work John, post more please!

Beautiful shots, what camera body are you using with the MP-E? I Love macro photography but I can only do 1:1 with my OMD setup, i want a Canon body and the mp-e just so I can achieve closer magnification!

WOOOOOOOOW Coooooool shots John, they are amazing :)

Great detail - the spider looks really menacing. Also really think the cropping works well.

These are amazing! Lovely light and of course, fabulous detail. I particularly like the composition you've gone for in the second. Lovely work.

I too would like further information around your setup, in particular how you go about cleaning your subjects (these look sparkling!). Great work John, post more please!

Thanks a lot everyone glad people like them. My setup is currently the mp-e on a Canon 5dmk2, I use a cheap ebay rail attached to a tripod and then light them with 2 small softboxes and a couple cheap flashes. I stack the images with zerene and then clean them in photoshop. Most start out covered in bits of dirt etc. but I just take the time to try and remove as much as possible before hand and then fix the rest on the computer.

If they are your animals I have seen on your photo bucket you really need to do more macro with them and post on here. :D

Amazing. Any chance you could share a bit how you achieved that kind of magnification?

Amazing. Any chance you could share a bit how you achieved that kind of magnification?

I mention my setup in an earlier reply but its basically stacking images shot with the mp-e 65mm. It goes up to 5 times life size so you get great magnification with that lens.

"Excellent" set of images John, the detail is amazing.(y)

George.

Thanks everyone really pleased at the responses. You know how it is looking at your own work, you tend to just see the mistakes.

Back