46100 Royal Scot @ Crewe

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No

I dig your renditions in the last two, #4 is my pick.
#2 is a very good conversions where the contrast
may be a tad too high as in #3 where the conversion
is not achieved.

Regrettably 4 is cropped too tight on the left, presumably to exclude people on the platform, which is a shame, as the exhaust is at its best.

Its great to see the Royal Scot steaming again, my memory is of it dusty in the shed at Bressingham

Top set, Michael. The b&w works very well indeed. Bit of travelling for you but you certainly get the shots. I used to train spot there when I was a kid.

I dig your renditions in the last two, #4 is my pick.
#2 is a very good conversions where the contrast
may be a tad too high as in #3 where the conversion
is not achieved.

Thank you for looking Kodiak, my faves were 2,3 and 4.

Regrettably 4 is cropped too tight on the left, presumably to exclude people on the platform, which is a shame, as the exhaust is at its best.

Hi Ian, I would have liked more space too, unfortunately I framed too tightly, that's what hand holding in the cold wind and dark can do for you..Look forward to seeing it in the daylight at some point:)

Its great to see the Royal Scot steaming again, my memory is of it dusty in the shed at Bressingham

Thanks Mark, indeed it is :)

Thanks for sharing the great pictures.

Thank you for looking.

Top set, Michael. The b&w works very well indeed. Bit of travelling for you but you certainly get the shots. I used to train spot there when I was a kid.

Thanks John, just over an hour, so manageable, being The Royal Scot certainly made it worthwhile, it's the first time I have seen her.

not a fan of station settings or selective desaturation, but no2 is nicely done if lacking a little in detail in the shadow areas.

I'm sorry I missed this as it's so close. Stations are always a problem in terms of other people, modern signage and so on, but maybe a conversion of the first shot to monochrome along with cloning out the sign in the top left would look good.

I'm sorry I missed this as it's so close. Stations are always a problem in terms of other people, modern signage and so on, but maybe a conversion of the first shot to monochrome along with cloning out the sign in the top left would look good.

Good idea that, might give it a try when I get chance. Thanks for taking a look.

Back