5-a-side

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
Yes
Some of my mates play in a sunday 5-a-side team so I thought Id go along and practice motion/sporting shots. It was dark so the flood lights were on but i dont think the pics came out that great :crying: After looking at the shots someone did from a charlton game under floodlights I was even more dissapointed. Can anyone give me any tips to improve these shots next time? Thanks

fnight.jpg

fnight1.jpg

fnight2.jpg

fnight3.jpg

The timing of these pictures seems good and theyre ok exposed, maybe a touch dark. But the shutter speeds youve used are too low. From the exif data i can see that you used a 1600 iso, but your using a 40d; so maybe put that up to 3200 so you can use a faster shutter speed to freeze the action.

out of the pictures, i think #3 is the best. (y)

What lens you using?

matthew, im sure that on my iso it only goes to 1600 :confused: how can i get it higher? any ideas?

steveo, i was using a canon l series 100-400 with my 40d

Their might be two reasons that you can't get iso3200. If the highlight tone priority is on then it will not go to 3200 or iso100, they are in CF II Image to change them. It might also be because your ISO expansion is off, you can only go from iso100 to iso1600. With it on you'll be able to go upto 3200. Their in the first CF menu. HTH

The images are alright you could possibly go a bit tighter? but the colours and action are their :)

thanx for the tip ally, i have just been into the cf menu and switched the expansion. on the display it comes up as h but when i check the histogram it says 3200. i could get from 100-1600 before but now i go 100-1600 then jump straight to 3200. hopefully i will get to try it out later on tonight so will post up the next set for analysis. thanx to you aswell matthew for the tips. much apprecaited guys :D

Nice effort :)

As has been said get the shutter speed up if you can. Open the aperture as wide as it goes and increase the iso. For faster speeds still buy a huge expensive fast lens ;) (Or accept you will have to wait for the action to come to you and get a 50mm f1.8).

Football shots should include the ball in the shot and usually look better shot from a lower angle.

thanks for the tips robert. will have to invest in a faster lens i think :D

Back