52 From Baloo 2020

Baloo

Pleurodelinae and proud
Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
TP 52 LOCAL INTEREST by R Hillman, on Flickr

Drove past Roadford Lake which is a few miles from where I live now. Almost perfect calm so snapped this pic of the monolithic like water Tower.

Last edited:
That's an interesting water tower. Do you think it would qualify for the Silhouette as well?

That's an interesting water tower. Do you think it would qualify for the Silhouette as well?
Yes I processed it for it to be Silhouette if only i had read the rules properly!;)

Good to see you back, Roger! I like the solid reflection here, and the contrast of the dark tower and its reflection against the soft mist in the background.
Thanks Andrea , I really missed the 52 last year, gave up photography and sold all my kit.

I love the fogginess in the background and the reflection. I would love to see the same photo not processed for the central structure to be a silhouette. Might add more interest (or not...).

Just one niggle: you should have cloned or cropped out the shrubbery in the bottom right corner.

Not too far from me either - it's been foggy for a few days now! I like the image, it is an interesting structure in the reservior, nice balance of light as well.

A good start!

Very interesting shot there, off to a great start :)

Good start to your 52!! Welcome!!
I love the fogginess in the background and the reflection. I would love to see the same photo not processed for the central structure to be a silhouette. Might add more interest (or not...).

Just one niggle: you should have cloned or cropped out the shrubbery in the bottom right corner.
Not too far from me either - it's been foggy for a few days now! I like the image, it is an interesting structure in the reservior, nice balance of light as well.
Well, it's great to see you involved again. Just looked back through your recent Flickr images and there are some really good ones there!
A good start!
Like the fog around the shot, gives a great atmospheric shot.
Thanks for your kind comments .

Yes I processed it for it to be Silhouette if only i had read the rules properly!;)
Did you want me to edit your title to reflect that?
I'll give Tim the heads up if you want it "changed"

Did you want me to edit your title to reflect that?
I'll give Tim the heads up if you want it "changed"
Thank you, if possible that would be great.

Very calm water I like the mist and the reflection very atmospheric

Local interest
It's a good composition, with the horizon off of the centre line and it works well for the technique too. I would probably find out the few twiggy bits in the bottom right though.

Nice first image for your 2020 52 challenge Roger I like the reflection and the mist.

The reflection is great, the section of land at the left hand appears strange, personally if I look at it long enough it appears to be a composite element just hanging, it’s obviously some form of illusion with the mirror image. Would love to see a different view moving to the left and shooting more to the right with a wider lens. This I believe would provide the isolation of the main structure from the land and make the image flow better

Welcome back Roger and an excellent start to your challenge. The reflection is an exact mirror image with perfectly smooth water.
Thanks Stan good to be doing the 52 again.
Nice start Roger, great reflections.
Thanks Clive.
Hi Roger, welcome back!(y)

A super image to kick off your 52, great moodiness and reflections - the water really is perfectly calm - and the mist really adds something special too.
A striking subject indeed, nicely done!
Thanks Gareth.
Very calm water I like the mist and the reflection very atmospheric
Thank you.
Local interest
It's a good composition, with the horizon off of the centre line and it works well for the technique too. I would probably find out the few twiggy bits in the bottom right though.
Thank You
Nice first image for your 2020 52 challenge Roger I like the reflection and the mist.
Thank you
The reflection is great, the section of land at the left hand appears strange, personally if I look at it long enough it appears to be a composite element just hanging, it’s obviously some form of illusion with the mirror image. Would love to see a different view moving to the left and shooting more to the right with a wider lens. This I believe would provide the isolation of the main structure from the land and make the image flow better
Interesting comments, Thank You.

Plain and simple,it does what it says.
I like that Roger (y)

Beautiful shot - on launch or from another moving aircraft? Not easy either way!
On launch, it's only a model glider though!

Hi Roger,

Nice start to your 52!

The water tower works really well for the theme and the silhouette of it contrasts nicely with the misty BG.
Great shot for Pleasure. It's almost monochromatic. It really ticks my boxes. No idea what model of glider it is but it looks pretty large (third scale?).

Great image, you'd never know it was a model. :)

Hi Roger

Wk1 looks like a cold war watch tower on the berlin wall. Nice reflections on the still water. Background mist highlight the starkness of the tower.

Wk2, lovely shot of a crashing glider, did they get wet! (I did see it's a model)
I take it you where up high and used a telephoto lens to get that perspective. I love the monochrome feel to the colour.

Pete

Back