52 From Baloo 2020

An interesting photo, the edit is a little different from the norm (not saying it's a bad thing). I quite like.

Great picture at an usual and almost abstract angle.
Thanks Clive, I did play around with the angles alot to get the look I wanted.

Wild - I like the retro look to it.
Broken - not easy to make it out but I see from your comments the look you were going for. I don't have any personal experience of such attacks but will take your word for it.

Wild: great look on the model, really suits the theme. I like the way you've dealt with the PP and the mono suits really well. I love the fact that it's a Triumph ;)

Broken: took me a little while to work it out but another really good take on the theme. Good macro image,

Like the idea behind this, and the composition, but I'm not sold on the processing I'm afraid. The vignette works, but the yellow, is just a bit too yellow for me...

Wild - Very nice portrait nicely processed too.

Broken - Nice take on the theme I quite like the use of DoF to give a slightly out of focus on the edge of the broken bottle it works for me

An interesting photo, the edit is a little different from the norm (not saying it's a bad thing). I quite like.
Wild: great look on the model, really suits the theme. I like the way you've dealt with the PP and the mono suits really well. I love the fact that it's a Triumph ;)

Broken: took me a little while to work it out but another really good take on the theme. Good macro image,
Wild - Very nice portrait nicely processed too.

Broken - Nice take on the theme I quite like the use of DoF to give a slightly out of focus on the edge of the broken bottle it works for me
Thanks folks for the comments and taking the time to pop in!

Hi Roger

It looks much better on Flickr, more contrast and easier to see the edges, I don't mind the colour but supect a gritty black and white could work.
As always an interesting Image and well on theme.

Pete

Broken looks really good, quite menacing too..

Hi Roger

It looks much better on Flickr, more contrast and easier to see the edges, I don't mind the colour but supect a gritty black and white could work.
As always an interesting Image and well on theme.

Pete

Thanks Pete, did try a gritty B&W but wanted the "flash" of an attack.

Broken looks really good, quite menacing too..

Thanks Rick for dropping bye and taking the time to comment.:)

Ability. We have the Ability to save our planet but a combination of greed and religious filth could prevent this.
TP52 Ability by R Hillman, on Flickr

Last edited:
I wandered lonely as a cloud.................................................:wave:

Interesting shot for ability, very high key exposure, but it works.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
@ your deleted post ....

Seems it worked :D

So everything has gone wrong this week and none of the ideas I had have worked, just going to stick this fun one up, which just about sums up our winter, animals, mud, cold, mud and lots of laughs and silliness.

TP52 Winter by R Hillman, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
The burning page by Genevieve Cogman?
Very nice effect.
Thanks Clive , not the burning page though, more to do with the combustion point of paper!

Nice.

Farenheit 451? (I got this from the image in the original thread...)
Thank you for the comment and that's the one!

Love the horse, a great fun image Roger.
And a well thought out 451 (y)

Love the horse, a great fun image Roger.
And a well thought out 451 (y)
Thanks Chris the horse is a right little character, pickled onion monster munch is his favourite treat!:p

Thanks Chris the horse is a right little character, pickled onion monster munch is his favourite treat!:p
My ex was heavily into horses still is as far as I know, weird creatures Eh?
The horses are no better either :D

I like your horse in a hat for winter, fun shot.
Thanks Clive been a hard but fun winter since we moved to the small holding.

Love the pony - make me chuckle! Took me a minute to get the book but I the shot is very effective.

Love the pony - make me chuckle! Took me a minute to get the book but I the shot is very effective.
Thanks for visiting and your kind comments.

Winter - A fun shot
Book - well thought out I didn't work it out before I saw the answer but it works

A telling shot for winter depicting just how hard it has been to look after horses this year in the mud and wet.

Didn't work out the book title but obvious when pointed out to me! Love your interpretation.

Liking your shot for broken. Goes equally for the bottle and potentially the person holding it so works on two levels.
Ability is a good sentiment but not convinced so much about the image.
I'm liking your book image. Nice and close and it works well (especially that I know what book it is now!).

Nice image for the book, great idea too :)

Winter - A fun shot
Book - well thought out I didn't work it out before I saw the answer but it works
Thank you, dressing up the Pony was fun.
Liking your shot for broken. Goes equally for the bottle and potentially the person holding it so works on two levels.
Ability is a good sentiment but not convinced so much about the image.
I'm liking your book image. Nice and close and it works well (especially that I know what book it is now!).
Thanks Lee, its strange that I really like the Ability shot but we all have different taste, thanks for your comments.:D
Nice image for the book, great idea too :)
Thanks Rick and thanks for visiting.

A telling shot for winter depicting just how hard it has been to look after horses this year in the mud and wet.

Didn't work out the book title but obvious when pointed out to me! Love your interpretation.

Thank you Pete, missed your comment first time around. Certainly been a steep learning curve for us moving in during November which is not a good time to do it! We lost a Pony xmas day which was very upsetting, the vet said it was just old age and we could not of done anything more, Clare broke her leg trying to help him so it has been a trying time.

Winter made me laugh.
Great idea for the book... and pleased I guessed before I had to look.

Back