52 From Baloo 2020

The Wild One image to me is fantastic Roger, the look on the ladies face while leaning on the motorbike just screams a Marlon Brando movie a cracking shot and take on theme.
Thanks Dave, I was very pleased with it, think you will see a few more shots of Clare as the year goes on, if I can afford the dinners, chocolates and flowers!

Winter made me laugh.
Great idea for the book... and pleased I guessed before I had to look.
Thank you for visiting and your kind comments.

Great interpretation for the Book theme. I have seen the film, well weird indeed.
Thanks Bob never seen the film but enjoyed the book and think it is still relevant in today's post truth world.

Like your book image - my instinct would be to shoot this low key but the high key approach has rally worked well.

winter - it must be cold when horses start wearing scarves and hats! Good find!

book - clever idea, great execution! I don't think I've ever read that book, but this week I've already heard it mentioned twice, so maybe I should get onto it...

book 2 - nice high key shot, fits theme and technique!

Winter
Who'd be a horse owner in winter. I like the addition of the hat.

Book
It works for as high key.

Like your book image - my instinct would be to shoot this low key but the high key approach has rally worked well.
Thanks Phil your comments are much appreciated.
winter - it must be cold when horses start wearing scarves and hats! Good find!

book - clever idea, great execution! I don't think I've ever read that book, but this week I've already heard it mentioned twice, so maybe I should get onto it...

book 2 - nice high key shot, fits theme and technique!
Thank you, been one of my favourite books since I was a teenage science fiction fan.
Winter
Who'd be a horse owner in winter. I like the addition of the hat.

Book
It works for as high key.
Thanks for the comments and visiting we have had fun this winter dispite the weather.

It looks OK here too & very nice Roger

Looks ok to me, nice shot and bang on theme for sure :)
It looks OK here too & very nice Roger
Thanks gents it was a great opportunity for the shot when this came bimbleling along at the end of our lane, luckily I had my trusty compact in my coat pocket

I like the vintage processing, although the hi viz jackets look slightly out of place :)

Looks good to me. Could almost be my neighbour - they are carriage drivers and regularly exercise round the local roads. Such a nice sound to hear - hooves on tarmac.

I like the vintage processing, although the hi viz jackets look slightly out of place :)
That's a lovely shot for Transport, good timing and the mono conversion suits the scene well.
Looks good to me. Could almost be my neighbour - they are carriage drivers and regularly exercise round the local roads. Such a nice sound to hear - hooves on tarmac.
Nice processing Roger, looks very vintage.
Looks ok to me! I'd echo Bernd's comment, but understand why they're required ☹️
Thanks folks, all processing was done on my phone using Photoshop Express, this one was called White Mist, quite good for what it is I think.

So had to go down to Cornwall to look after mum but took the opportunity to have a family day out (who knows when we will be able to do it again) and popped to Lynton, this was the transport photograph I had originally planned.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iEWpZo]Transport-1.jpg by R Hillman, on Flickr[/URL]

Bang on theme and great processing. With the HI-Viz, I would think a colour version would be nice to see too.

A couple of nice vintage style images for Transport Roger. For me it the lynton-lynmouth pic, been there a few times over the years.

Pete

Transport
The first shot looks a bit soft, but, do you know what, I really don't think it matters here. Your processing has given it a vintage feel.

Love the horse and cart shot, and the PP just makes it even better.
Another good bit of PP for transport, like the really old effect.
Thanks Dave.
Bang on theme and great processing. With the HI-Viz, I would think a colour version would be nice to see too.
Thanks Bob would post the original if ut wasn't so bloody difficult from the phone!
A couple of nice vintage style images for Transport Roger. For me it the lynton-lynmouth pic, been there a few times over the years.

Pete
Thanks Pete, really is a great place to visit!
Transport
The first shot looks a bit soft, but, do you know what, I really don't think it matters here. Your processing has given it a vintage feel.
Thanks, I think it is a little soft to, but not critical on this shot.:)

That's a great shot - I thought about doing something like this interpretation, but my imagination failed me unfortunately. Made even better by the Fence hiding their face!

That's a great shot - I thought about doing something like this interpretation, but my imagination failed me unfortunately. Made even better by the Fence hiding their face!
Thank you I tried several versions before this but liked the hidden face.

Transport - Looks ok to me nice image with a timeless feel

Fence - Brilliant take on the theme very clever

Clever thinking. Cracking photo too are those bog rolls amongst his booty?

Yes Dave the joke was meant to be he was paying for stolen goods with bog roll!

Thanks for your comments Dave really are appreciated.

:LOL: Very good Roger, a nice thinking outside the box image (y)

Last edited:
That's a clever clogs shot that is - and I like it :D

Back