52 From Baloo 2020

Nicely captured Roger, great pose.
I don't get these here unfortunately..

They're such a nervous/flighty bird, you've done well to get a good shot of one.

Hi Roger, sorry it's so long since I've been here to catch up with your images. Just looking back through your thread and the image for Fence is a moody and clever take on the theme - well done for coming up with something different. Your Flora image is a lovely colourful close-up with loads of great details, and The Last Time is an attractive scene that becomes really poignant when you read the story behind it. Thank goodness you took the image when you did and you have a lovely reminder of Khan.

Well captured. I hear them all the time but rarely are they seen.

Nicely captured Roger, great pose.
I don't get these here unfortunately..
Great capture! Not an easy subject, and you've caught a great pose!
Lovely piece of work Roger. Wish we had a few around here.
They're such a nervous/flighty bird, you've done well to get a good shot of one.
Hi Roger, sorry it's so long since I've been here to catch up with your images. Just looking back through your thread and the image for Fence is a moody and clever take on the theme - well done for coming up with something different. Your Flora image is a lovely colourful close-up with loads of great details, and The Last Time is an attractive scene that becomes really poignant when you read the story behind it. Thank goodness you took the image when you did and you have a lovely reminder of Khan.
Very nicely captured lovely detail and a great pose.
Well captured. I hear them all the time but rarely are they seen.
Very nice woodpecker shot, you caught him well.
Thank you all for your kind comments,
Decided I am quiting the 52, cant get enthused by the new style themes, thanks for your support over the last few months.

Decided I am quiting the 52, cant get enthused by the new style themes, thanks for your support over the last few months.
Sorry to see you go Roger, drop back anytime if you change your mind (y)

Hi Roger,
Lovely image for time. So very sorry that Khan passed away but wonderful that you have that image.
Snapper's choice is a good catch. They don't hang about long!

Sorry to hear you are leaving the 52. As Chris said, please drop back anytime you feel.

Great Image Roger, love the details in the tail feathers and the colour. I think he has his beady eye on you. I have not seen any so far this year, but have heard one in the woods.

Sorry to see you go Roger, come back soon when normal service resumes everywhere.

Pete

Last edited:
Sorry to see you go Roger, drop back anytime if you change your mind (y)
Hi Roger,
Lovely image for time. So very sorry that Khan passed away but wonderful that you have that image.
Snapper's choice is a good catch. They don't hang about long!

Sorry to hear you are leaving the 52. As Chris said, please drop back anytime you feel.
Great Image Roger, love the details in the tail feathers and the colour. I think he has his beady eye on you. I have not seen any so far this year, but have heard one in the woods.

Sorry to see you go Roger, come back soon when normal service resumes everywhere.

Pete
Sorry to see you go @Baloo - I understand, but hope you'll pop back in when this current madness is all over.
Thanks people, I think I am over my mental block don't want to play anymore bit,or put another way Clare said if I did not get out and start taking pictures again she would cut my b**** off with a rusty carving knife!

or put another way Clare said if I did not get out and start taking pictures again she would cut my b**** off with a rusty carving knife!
LOL. Well it's good to see you back Roger.

Loving the combination of the Spit and Triumph, though surely a pre-unit would be better. Though maybe not, as it's a good contrast of new & old.

The position of the blade in >1 makes them look like the flying saucers that were hidden in plain sight in MiB (especially the one in the background).
I do like the B&W processing.

Well there's incentive for you to carry on then :)

Great motivational speaker is are Clare!
LOL. Well it's good to see you back Roger.

Loving the combination of the Spit and Triumph, though surely a pre-unit would be better. Though maybe not, as it's a good contrast of new & old.

The position of the blade in >1 makes them look like the flying saucers that were hidden in plain sight in MiB (especially the one in the background).
I do like the B&W processing.

Thanks Tim, yeah a pre unit would of been nice but with lockdown trying to talk a mate into coming out wasn't going to work! Clare got her canvas last week the one you suggested, thanks for that she is so pleased with it.:ty:

War of the Worlds and MIB eat your heart out, that is one hell of a great image Roger. Really do love it as even the moody clouds look like something is coming out/through of them and just to finish it off in B&W has it nailed.
Thanks Dave that is very kind of you.

Great motivational speaker is are Clare!

Thanks Tim, yeah a pre unit would of been nice but with lockdown trying to talk a mate into coming out wasn't going to work! Clare got her canvas last week the one you suggested, thanks for that she is so pleased with it.:ty:
Yeah, I guess that is an issue at the mo. If I were doing it it would have to be my rice burner (I can scrounge old brits, but don't have any myself - far prefer jap 2-strokes).
I'm glad the canvas idea worked :)

So sorry to read about Khan but pleased you managed to capture a happy memory. Topaz sharpen AI works really well for sharpening some photographs - might be worth a free trial? Pets can leave such a big hole in your life when they pass and I imagine a horse leaves a cavern after all that time [emoji22]

I’m glad you’re not giving up the 52... must remember the rusty knife trick [emoji16]

I love your war of the worlds shot - very moody! The black and white treatment works really well for both this and your best of British. Was that a composite or a planned shot?

Welcome back!

These are both great, but the windmills are something special. The composition is spot on, and the sky is absolutely cracking.

Welcome back. Congratulate Clare on the good call :LOL:
Great shots so far. The turbines look great... especially the angle of the blades which isn't the usually shot. Nicely done.

Welcome back Roger.
The Spit and Triumph pic is lovely and the turbine pic (especially the clouds) is great. Looks good on Flickr.

Very nice Spitfire & Triumph image Roger

Lovely image of the Spitfire and Triumph and I really like your image for more then 1 the processing adds a sense of foreboding to it

I like the turbines, You're right they do have a war of the worldsy look and feel about them.

So sorry to read about Khan but pleased you managed to capture a happy memory. Topaz sharpen AI works really well for sharpening some photographs - might be worth a free trial? Pets can leave such a big hole in your life when they pass and I imagine a horse leaves a cavern after all that time [emoji22]

I’m glad you’re not giving up the 52... must remember the rusty knife trick [emoji16]

I love your war of the worlds shot - very moody! The black and white treatment works really well for both this and your best of British. Was that a composite or a planned shot?
Welcome back!

These are both great, but the windmills are something special. The composition is spot on, and the sky is absolutely cracking.
Welcome back. Congratulate Clare on the good call :LOL:
Great shots so far. The turbines look great... especially the angle of the blades which isn't the usually shot. Nicely done.
Very nice Spitfire & Triumph image Roger
Lovely image of the Spitfire and Triumph and I really like your image for more then 1 the processing adds a sense of foreboding to it
I like the turbines, You're right they do have a war of the worldsy look and feel about them.
Sorry for the spasmodic replies, problems with generator are making using the internet difficult.

Lovely colourful shot. I never tire of seeing their beautiful colours. I have had a male and two females in my garden lately. One female would run up to the window when she saw me - wanting feeding!

A pleasant Pheasant! Lovely colours!

Great colour and detail Roger

Colourful
They're quite striking really, a common sight around my patch of the woods.

Lovely colourful shot. I never tire of seeing their beautiful colours. I have had a male and two females in my garden lately. One female would run up to the window when she saw me - wanting feeding!
This one visits the garden every night, but we have to put the dog inside!
A pleasant Pheasant! Lovely colours!
Thanks Dave.
I really like that lovely colours and great detail.
Cheers
Great colour and detail Roger
Thanks Chris
Lovely pheasant portrait Roger.
Thank you
He's a handsome chap.
And a welcome visitor to the garden.
Certainly delivered on colour there. Smashing photo.
Thank you.
Colourful
They're quite striking really, a common sight around my patch of the woods.
I really like the colours on them, thanks for visiting.

Back