52 From Baloo 2020

I like this a lot Roger, simple, great tones, good textures. A very good minimalist image.(y)

Yeah that look like a wet subject on wet day in wetville! Nicely done in the conditions!
It sure looks very wet condition there.
A catch up on comments from me:
Activity nice composition works well in B&W,
Autumn is a beautiful scene , love the reflections.
Artificial great pov and lots of detail
Wet, very, that looks like a very damp day.
Somehow I missed these comments, all very much apreciated.
On the main thread I couldn't think why it was topical, but of course these raptor deaths are. Just this week I read the RSPB link to the map of persecuted raptors.
This doesn't get the news coverage it deserves.

I like the pic Roger.
Thank you for your comments it really does deserve more press.
Hi Roger,

That's some catch up :)
Now let's see...

Graceful - Might just be me (and I can't get into the flickr version to zoom in) but it feels like the harbour wall is sharper than the yacht. Funny to see it towing a powered dingy. (life raft?)
Camouflaged - I like that. The decay and the way nature is overtaking the phonebox is cool. Have you applied a slightly green tone to it?
Snappers Choice - You don't often see the V formation that low.
Texture - I like where you're going with the processing :)
Patterns - Sharp, clear, on theme, but sorry, not for me.
Activity - I've never really understood recreational fishing (if fish were supposed to be eaten, they would walk around a field saying moo). But, a good moody shot there imo.
Autumn - Given the ripples, that's not a long exposure - yet it has the feel of one. Interesting, well taken.
Artificial - Cool close up. Good range of bright and dark.
Wet - It does what it says on the tin.
Topical - Very nicely caught image. And I agree with your sentiments too.
Thanks Tim, just a few more to do then lots of commenting to catch up on.
Nice Photo Roger.

Agree with your sentiments, Do not agree with any type of hunting as a sport.
Thank you Pete.
Sad to see such magnificent birds being killed. Your kite might benefit from a bit more space to fly into.

P.S. your Flickr links don't seem to work.
Not sure whats happening with my flckr account Phil, will try to get it sorted.
Lovely shot and understand your sentiments. I live in the middle of a shooting estate... one of the benefits of C-19 - the shoot has been cancelled this year so fewer pheasants ruining my garden :)
Lovely birds - like you, I don't understand why/how people can shoot them. Nice image
Lovely photo of the Red Kite.
You've caught it just right.
Thanks for your comments folks.

I like this a lot Roger, simple, great tones, good textures. A very good minimalist image.(y)
Thanks you for visiting and your kind comments Bill.

Tiny
What a great looking shot.
Simple is the wrong word, so I'll use minimalism.

Yep, it certainly is! I love the use of negative space in the sky, which really works to make the subject look even smaller, really well thought through.

Tiny
What a great looking shot.
Simple is the wrong word, so I'll use minimalism.
nicely done simple but effective
Yep, it certainly is! I love the use of negative space in the sky, which really works to make the subject look even smaller, really well thought through.
Great picture - the huge amount of negative space works very nicely with the subject and topic.
Well I just love everything about this pic! (y) (y)
Tiny - I like this.. my sort of mono minimalist shot.
Thank you Folks not been very happy with my images in this 52 but I really am with this one so its good others like it as well.

Well spotted, and really good for the theme. Great colours and the DoF works well too, along with the background vehicles which really 'ground' it all.

Well spotted, and really good for the theme. Great colours and the DoF works well too, along with the background vehicles which really 'ground' it all.
Hi Jim thanks for the comments, this is on the A30 by Jamaica Inn can recommend the breakfast if you are that way.
It hits the theme spot on - and it looked like good weather for comfort food...
Bet you miss the english weather!;)

That sausage is all kinds of wrong equally funny and disturbing, good “sharp right” image just the right amount of car dashboard in it

That sausage is all kinds of wrong equally funny and disturbing, good “sharp right” image just the right amount of car dashboard in it
Thanks Alan I would certainly say there is something disturbing about the sausage.

Sharp right - of course... Took me more time to get that than I care to admit...
Thanks Alex, was hoping to get a shot of a motorbike going around a sharp bend, but the weather stopped that!

Nice one on the sausage image, I do like the sharp image. Cool that you got the dashboard in view too.
Thanks Dave, was taken on a very deserted country road for safety
Food: Well spotted and it made me smile.
Sharp: Lovely idea and bang on theme.
Thank you Pete, glad my sausage made you smile!

Lol.. not sure what to say about the sausage :LOL:
I drove past some chevrons the other day and thought ah.. TP. Well captured - hope it was legal ;)

Food
It gets my vote, I'd stop there for a spot of grub.

Sharp
It took me a second or two, but I got it in the end.
Good use of technique too.

Your interpretation of sharp and with artificial light is very clever. I would never have thought of that. Works really well. I hope there was no-one behind you :)

Lol.. not sure what to say about the sausage :LOL:
I drove past some chevrons the other day and thought ah.. TP. Well captured - hope it was legal ;)
Food
It gets my vote, I'd stop there for a spot of grub.

Sharp
It took me a second or two, but I got it in the end.
Good use of technique too.
I like the cheeky hot dog and the sharp bend works well.
Your interpretation of sharp and with artificial light is very clever. I would never have thought of that. Works really well. I hope there was no-one behind you :)
Sharp - nice take on the theme - different!
Thank you folks for taking time to comment very much appreciated.

Interesting take on the theme I wont pretend to know what you did buts it’s very effective

Interesting take on the theme I wont pretend to know what you did buts it’s very effective
Thank you Alan glad the image works.

Digital: it made me click the link to find out more! Very ncie.

Food - Love it :) That's a great find. Can't have been easy to get a decent composition on that, but it works well.
Sharp + Tech - Clever take on the theme. Works well in B&W.
Digital Age - Another great find. Leaves you wanting to know where and how.

Back