60009 Union Of South Africa.

Nice low shoot which I like. I caught it last Saturday and was about to post them.

When and where did you get it?

Nice low shoot which I like. I caught it last Saturday and was about to post them.

When and where did you get it?
I was near Ashchurch station, Gloucestershire. In fields near our house.
This is a great spot for Steam trains when they come down the main line, the only drawback is it is a very long straight, so they are going at full steam. I believe the steam trains are doing around 75 MPH which means taking a very quick shot. The plus side is if they put out smoke it hangs along the top of the carrages making a great shot.

Last edited:
I was near Ashchurch station, Gloucestershire. In fields near our house.
This is a great spot for Steam trains when they come down the main line, the only drawback is it is a very long straight, so they are going at full steam. I believe the steam trains are doing around 75 MPH which means taking a very quick shot. The plus side is if they put out smoke it hangs along the top of the carrages making a great shot.

Agree..that is a very good location,nice and open.The ones you will get are when they go to Worcester via Moreton-in Marsh(usual route from London but return via Cheltenham > Stonehouse > Stroud > Reading > London. (Paddington/Victoria). I also think you get those departing Tyseley.They usually go through Aschurch > Chelt >Gloster > into Wales and return of course . 75mph..yes..I use 1/800sec on a dull day to avoid high ISO but on a sunny day..1/1000sec.. f7.1

Back