60163, Tornado

I want to get up there before end of week

A good set of images, the black and white has some great drama.

I want to get up there before end of week

Lovely shots, Michael.

Thank you, the b+w was my favourite, getting the colour/whte balance correct was quite hard, probably the mist and harsh lighting was playing games with my 7d. Went to skipton initially, not the best of ideas, so we had a drive around and found this spot.

I saw that on TV. It would be nice if it was coming near here (I think it's going through Bristol but that's all) but we do have the Flying Scotsman to look forward to. You certainly got it working hard. B&W for me too - it so suits steam engines.

I know #1 & #2 are the same shot, but #1 feels more timeless, so that's the one for me.

I wonder why running Tornado on the S&C for a week qualifies as a Service Train, yet The Jacobite which runs Mon-Friday from April to Mid June, and then daily from Mid June to the beginning of October, before returning to Mon - Fri doesn't qualify as a service train. Presumably something to do with the type of ticket required?

Lovely set. I definitely prefer the mono version - it has a timeless quality which I think is very suitable for steam trains.

I know #1 & #2 are the same shot, but #1 feels more timeless, so that's the one for me.

I wonder why running Tornado on the S&C for a week qualifies as a Service Train, yet The Jacobite which runs Mon-Friday from April to Mid June, and then daily from Mid June to the beginning of October, before returning to Mon - Fri doesn't qualify as a service train. Presumably something to do with the type of ticket required?
It was replacing the standard 3 coach DMU service for 4 runs a day, at the same standard fare. It wasn't an additional service, at least for 2 of the runs.

Top shots,Michael.You've done a grand job ion the B&W too. Been nothing here since December but Tornado is scheduled Paddington > Cardiff March 1st. I kind of lost touch.

Top shots,Michael.You've done a grand job ion the B&W too. Been nothing here since December but Tornado is scheduled Paddington > Cardiff March 1st. I kind of lost touch.

Thanks John, it was nice to get something different. I have 76084 and Leander at the weekend, not sure if I am going to be able to get them yet. Have a week in devon beginning of march, miss a couple whilst down there.

Back