66019 Dowlow to Theale

Nice shots...the first is my favorite but both are good. When were these taken...at a red signal?

Thank you! They not my thing really but I just tried to find somewhere that would set the loco/train off with a decent background? The train was running very early so was waiting pathing at the destination, thus I had time to stop on a single line where no delays would be caused to quickly take these 2 shots!

Think no1 works best for me although NR could do with a works party there , and soon !
Ive no idea where these were taken but just in case you weren't where you ought to be when you shot these it maybe worth remembering all locos and units are fitted with cameras now so they can film trespassers on the line. Im not saying you were you understand but just making the point just in case..........

Think no1 works best for me although NR could do with a works party there , and soon !
Ive no idea where these were taken but just in case you weren't where you ought to be when you shot these it maybe worth remembering all locos and units are fitted with cameras now so they can film trespassers on the line. Im not saying you were you understand but just making the point just in case..........

Cheers!

Yes it a bit overgrown but it a freight only single line so as you can imagine it only gets minimum attention when they must? A few years ago in the winter the tree branches were all on the line with the weight of the snow, it was a nightmare and they had to come out with chainsaws clearing a path! I work on the railway and the train was stopped for these shots thus the closeness of them! But agree about trespass on the line it never a good idea!

Back