70000 Britannia

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
BR Standard 7 Class No70000 Britannia at Warrington Bank Quay this afternoon. I stood in the rain and gloom waiting for this, fully expecting to make the most of a flat dull shot. Then as she came into the station the Sun dropped below the cloud just above the horizon and BOOM - LIGHT!
smile.png

Standard 7 70000 Britannia by Dave Green, on Flickr

It is a pity about the electrical wires but that is lovely shiny engine, well captured. :)

Scrolling down to write the reply crops off the picture and makes me wonder if a different ratio framing would work?

Well worth the wait and the wet bonce Dave!

Nice catch Dave. Quite sunny when it went through on it's way North in the morning. Unusually I could hear it pretty much from Bank Quay to Winwick Junction. Did you happen to notice which diesel was at the back?

There was no diesel at the back. I was at Wigan NW in the morning too.

Thanks Dave. I can't see the railway from my house but the route was scheduled with a trailing diesel

Thanks Dave. I can't see the railway from my house but the route was scheduled with a trailing diesel

This came in on it's own about 30min before Britannia arrived - and left on it's own about 5min before. A backup maybe?

i-45S67zZ-XL.jpg

Back