771 NAS - Days Are Numbered

Name
Lloyd Horgan
Edit My Images
Yes
With the civilianisation of UK SAR fast approaching I was lucky enough to visit 771 NAS at RNAS Culdrose at the beginning of June, it'll be a sad day when the squadron is no more.

I visited 771 NAS back in 2013 so its nice to see that my work and thinking behind images has progressed somewhat (at least in my opinion!). Hope you like the shots, theres a blog post up on my website for those interested going into some more detail about the varied history of 771 NAS - http://lloydh.co.uk/blog/2015/6/17/771-nas-all-good-things-come-to-an-end

Over The Edge by Lloyd Horgan, on Flickr

771 NAS Sea King Mk5 by Lloyd Horgan, on Flickr

These Things We Do by Lloyd Horgan, on Flickr

Calm Before The Storm by Lloyd Horgan, on Flickr

771 NAS Sea King Mk5 Cockpit by Lloyd Horgan, on Flickr

771 NAS Sea King Mk5 Pilot by Lloyd Horgan, on Flickr

771 NAS Sea King Mk5 by Lloyd Horgan, on Flickr

Wow! What an absolutely awesome set of images! They really tell a story of what looks like an amazing experience.

Superb set and great to see an insiders view of proceedings , pleasure to look at them all.

A really good set and a fitting tribute to the squadron which have been such a frequent sight in the SW skies for so many years. Will be sad to see them (and the RAF) go, when they hand over responsibility. They are leaving some big boots to fill.

A great set, like them all, but especially #1, #3 and #4 as views you very rarely see. Going to be a real shame when these guys and the RAF go.

Back