8ft by 4ft print

Edit My Images
No
would a nikon d750 be capable of a picture getting printed
to 8ft by 4ft ?

Yes, on the surmise that viewing distance will complement the 47ppi rather than the ideal of 300ppi. This figure assumes you will not be upsizing the file from its 4512 x 3008px

Though IMO you should try to aim, by upsizing as needed, for minimum of 100ppi......150ppi if you can. At that size I also surmise you will getting it pro printed so talk to the printer as many labs will upsize better than you can ;)

Edit ~ Ooops i misread the max sensor size as posted by @Harlequin565 but as he points out the max "native" ppi for that file size printed at 8x4ft needs to be taken in regard to viewing distance!

Last edited:
Absolutely.
With a sensor of 6000x4000 that would give you about 62ppi which would look pin sharp to anyone from around 3-6 feet away. The eye can't resolve better than about 50ppi at 6 feet (20/20 vision).

My suggestion would be to get an A4 sample done at 62ppi so you could see how the resolution would look at up close distances. But bear in mind a print that big isn't intended to be nose-up-close looked at (unless you think it is of course).

If you need some ridiculous resolution, then you just need to take multiple images and stitch them or shoot large format film and get a drum scan done. You need 29,000px on the longest side to get 300ppi at 8 feet. (for comparison, the GFX 100 has 11.6k on the longest side)

Last edited:
when i said print i should have said its going to be a poster for pop group to take to there venues

It'll be fine then. Will probably look really cool at that size.

when i said print i should have said its going to be a poster for pop group to take to there venues

Printed on a suitable medium for transporting as a roll (probably), it'll be fine.

would a nikon d750 be capable of a picture getting printed
to 8ft by 4ft ?
Any camera nikon or otherwise is capable of a pictured printed to 8ft by 4ft.

All depends what quality you want!

Personally I'd leave the digi kit at home and expose the image onto 5x4 or better still 10 x 8 sheet film to ensure a good quality result.

Back