90 seconds of River Orchry

Edit My Images
No
So I took this 90 second exposure at the River Orchry in Scotland. The resulting image was utterly rubbish. Dull, lifeless and literally about to go in the bin... until I decided to see if I could rescue it. This image of course be disliked by some and I appreciate that as it's gone a bit beyond the photography however the base image and composition are still there. I just made it a bit more exciting than it was :).

So, my intention to get from the shot, a Fantasy book style image. I started pulling sliders this way and that, selectively colouring in areas, dodging and burning. The lens flare... well, it actually added just that little bit of extra to the image.

2016-9658flare.jpg

Last edited:
Blimey Ian, Did you go mad and lose it ? I reckon you've slid the sliders to within a pixel of their lives :exit:Its certainly different sir :clap:

All thats missing from this fantasy picure is a princess and some little people. Personally I think it is great.

haha, Paul, the alternative (original) would have made you weep in despair :D. To be honest, it's mostly just the sky and water, I brushed in some "tint" in LR and then dodged the trees a bit to cast some extra light on the foliage :).

Thank you both (Paul and Daniel) :)

I sure as hell don't know what to say Ian, but it certainly works for me.:)(y)

George.

Only if… BUT only if…
you take care of the halo, I will call it
awesome imagery! …but just not yet!

Cheers George, Tony :)

hehe @Kodiak Qc ? This more to your preference?

2016-9658-X2.jpg

This more to your preference?

Ian,

you removed the flare which is your rightful artistic intent
and I was talking about the halo which is a technical flaw!!

Ian,

you removed the flare which is your rightful artistic intent
and I was talking about the halo which is a technical flaw!!

Ahhhhh now I see what you meant. the halo just over the mountain in the background? I'd automatically assumed you'd meant the flares as had been expecting a request of that nature at some point (so much so that I'd already uploaded the initial image without the flares to my gallery). Not at home at the moment. Will have a look at the halo later. :)

Love it..:) When you remove the halo maybe you could remove the two 'flares' (are they ?) 1. on the tree above the two rearmost rocks and 2… the one in the trees top right, then it's Poyfict as a New Yorker (Bronx) would say..lol

I once tried some special mushrooms and funny tablets that made me see things that way...
Certainly different, a topic of conversation, and for those reasons I gotta say I like it.

haha, well if you like it, that's a good thing :)

I've found that this kind of edit is quite popular amongst some "Long Exposure" groups. Either Black/White or surrealistic images.

Back