9th visit to the 52's! COMPLETED!!

This is a very clever and creative image Michael!:clap:
Great detail in the bridge, and the soft edges of the holes is a clever touch, which works well.
Am I correct in assuming it's a card with two small holes, held close to the lens, to give that 'binocular' style look?
Compelling and thought provoking....it has almost a voyeuristic feel to it!!;)

This is a very clever and creative image Michael!:clap:
Great detail in the bridge, and the soft edges of the holes is a clever touch, which works well.
Am I correct in assuming it's a card with two small holes, held close to the lens, to give that 'binocular' style look?
Compelling and thought provoking....it has almost a voyeuristic feel to it!!;)

Many thanks Gareth, the wholes are actually part of a new footbridge over the mainline railway, there are in the top anti cliimb (?) part of the bridge and this is looking towards the long disused Bennerly viaduct which used to have a railway line.

Soft
That's doing my eyes in :)
A bit of thinking outside of the box.

Thanks for looking Dominic, these are all the way along the bridge, really hard for me to walk by, bozeyed indeed!

Love the little duck in PLASTIC.
BUILDING - very nicely done, composition and choice of b/w are spot on.
SOFT - good interpretaion of the theme. Well spotted!

SOFT is a great shot, something different for sure, works for me :)

Hi Michael,
  • Soft - Okay, I like the imagery here, infact I've done something vaguely similar in the past. Struggling to connect it with the theme though.
  • Building - Lovely... Exposed for the sky placing everything else in silhouette and then changed to mono. :clap: I really like this.
  • Empty - No need to clone out the gap in the stool, nothing distracting below, so it works. Nice blush colour going on your banisters :)
  • Plastic - Pops nicely. Light used well there.
  • Interior - I'm not quite sure what it is, but nice use of contrast.
  • Life - Birding isn't my thing, but I do like the way one has it's head upside down and they appear to be looking at each other.
  • Free - That pops really well. Love the vibrancy and use of 1/3rds.

SOFT is a great shot, something different for sure, works for me :)

Many thanks Rick

Hi Michael,
  • Soft - Okay, I like the imagery here, infact I've done something vaguely similar in the past. Struggling to connect it with the theme though.
  • Building - Lovely... Exposed for the sky placing everything else in silhouette and then changed to mono. :clap: I really like this.
  • Empty - No need to clone out the gap in the stool, nothing distracting below, so it works. Nice blush colour going on your banisters :)
  • Plastic - Pops nicely. Light used well there.
  • Interior - I'm not quite sure what it is, but nice use of contrast.
  • Life - Birding isn't my thing, but I do like the way one has it's head upside down and they appear to be looking at each other.
  • Free - That pops really well. Love the vibrancy and use of 1/3rds.

Thanks for the catchup Tim, appreciated as always, interior is the lampshade in my lounge.

Hi Micheal, well spotted for soft, makes a strange image, looks like you have a paper bag with eye cutouts on your Head.

Building, nice bit of sky and silhouette going on.

Empty, Pink paint, where did you leave your man card? I must admit I nearly did a pic of an empty paint tin, but it would have been a grey colour. And you paint brush looks as in as good condition as mine.

Pete

Hi Micheal, well spotted for soft, makes a strange image, looks like you have a paper bag with eye cutouts on your Head.

Building, nice bit of sky and silhouette going on.

Empty, Pink paint, where did you leave your man card? I must admit I nearly did a pic of an empty paint tin, but it would have been a grey colour. And you paint brush looks as in as good condition as mine.

Pete

Thank you for looking and commenting Pete.

Super work Michael!(y)

Flower: Fantastic, punchy colours and I think the black background works so very well indeed...the droplet is excellent...rule of thirds?
Old: Nice old leaf! Lovely balance of colours too, they compliment each other surprisingly well. Is the pink stuff brick dust?

Super work Michael!(y)

Flower: Fantastic, punchy colours and I think the black background works so very well indeed...the droplet is excellent...rule of thirds?
Old: Nice old leaf! Lovely balance of colours too, they compliment each other surprisingly well. Is the pink stuff brick dust?

Thank you Gareth, I didn't think of the droplet on the rule of thirds, but yes I think I would say so :)
The colour is all on an old slab, just a bit of saturation/contrast to bring it out.

Nice and dull for sure - and a nice bit of movement too :)

Hi Michael,

Flower - Not for me worry, I would like there to have been more DoF, and the change in colour/brightness at the top is a bit jarring.
Old - This sells the theme though, and some nice colour matching going on in it too (greens/oranges/blacks).
Dull - Yup, this works well. Liking the effort put into getting the motion blur and the B&W processing suits it.

Dull, great shot, looks great in B&W

Big thank you everyone for all of the comments, appreciated as always

That's a great shot Michael!:clap:
Such terrific drama in the sky, and the motion blur is spot on!
Great processing for mono too.
Good shot, I think the blur of the turbine blades make it
Nice and dull for sure - and a nice bit of movement too :)
Dull is a good shot, watch out for the sensor dust though.
Hi Michael,

Flower - Not for me worry, I would like there to have been more DoF, and the change in colour/brightness at the top is a bit jarring.
Old - This sells the theme though, and some nice colour matching going on in it too (greens/oranges/blacks).
Dull - Yup, this works well. Liking the effort put into getting the motion blur and the B&W processing suits it.
Dull, great shot, looks great in B&W
nice take for dull Michael just the right amount of blur and a very fitting sky

And now for the snappers choice, visited Cape Cornwall before sailing to the Isles of Scilly for our holiday. A decent sized puddle in the car park allowed for a great reflection and add in the lovely sky I really liked the result.

IMG_3896 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

And Near. This delightful little bird is a Red Eyed Vireo, normally found in North America, occasionally they turn up in the uk and this is on St Mary's, Isles Of Scilly.
Landing above us and flying around near to me. Only a few meters away. Photgraphed in the rain and against the light it may not be a textbook shot but the reward of waiting was well worth it.

red eyed vireo by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Hi Michael,
  • Free Week - That's a puddle in a car park? You would never know from just looking at it, it looks more like a landscape by a lake. Excellent.
  • Near - Wildlife shots aren't my thing, but it looks nice enough. But blimey, the 7D2 doesn't like high iso does it !
    I wonder what it would lookk like if you made a feature of the grain using B&W?

Hi Michael,
  • Free Week - That's a puddle in a car park? You would never know from just looking at it, it looks more like a landscape by a lake. Excellent.
  • Near - Wildlife shots aren't my thing, but it looks nice enough. But blimey, the 7D2 doesn't like high iso does it !
    I wonder what it would lookk like if you made a feature of the grain using B&W?

Thanks Tim, the cape cornwall shot is one of my favourites I have taken this year. Indeed the 7d2 doesn't always like high iso, especially in situations like this. I might have a play with b+w.

You've taken some very nice shots since I last popped in.

Building works well for me. I like the simplicity of it and the sky is great. I love how the patterning on the leaf for Old echos the markings in the slab. Dull works very well too. Just the right amount of movement for me. Your snappers choice is great with lovely light to boot. I was surprised to read that it was a puddle too!

Super shots for free and near. The bird looks very similar to our Chiffchaff.

Snappers choice
What a great reflection. Good colours too.

Near
Well seen. I'm not very good at photographing birds.

Two excellent images there Michael.(y)

Snappers Choice: Fantastic use of reflections and silhouettes, and such a great sky too, very nice indeed. That's one hell of a puddle!!
Near: Cracking image Michael. The 7DmkII + 150-600mm is a killer combo in my book (I have the same setup too) The noise doesn't bother me (fortunately ;)), it's a really great capture of a rare visitor to the UK, well done!

Thank you everyone for the comments, much appreciated! Back from holiday now, so will attempt to catch up.

You've taken some very nice shots since I last popped in.

Building works well for me. I like the simplicity of it and the sky is great. I love how the patterning on the leaf for Old echos the markings in the slab. Dull works very well too. Just the right amount of movement for me. Your snappers choice is great with lovely light to boot. I was surprised to read that it was a puddle too!
Super shots for free and near. The bird looks very similar to our Chiffchaff.
Snappers choice
What a great reflection. Good colours too.

Near
Well seen. I'm not very good at photographing birds.
Superb image for DULL. Definitely accomplished the movement I'd say.
Two excellent images there Michael.(y)

Snappers Choice: Fantastic use of reflections and silhouettes, and such a great sky too, very nice indeed. That's one hell of a puddle!!
Near: Cracking image Michael. The 7DmkII + 150-600mm is a killer combo in my book (I have the same setup too) The noise doesn't bother me (fortunately ;)), it's a really great capture of a rare visitor to the UK, well done!

Song
What a lovely colour the sea is. Perfect for the song title, they really are sailing away.

Beautiful image paired well with a beautiful song...always liked that Enya song!:clap:
They have some decent wind there...looks fun!
I used to love leaning right out too when sailing close to the wind like that...back in my sailing days!
Fantastic colours and a great feeling of the energy of nature.
I'm curious how you got the shot...were you chasing in another sailing boat?

Song
What a lovely colour the sea is. Perfect for the song title, they really are sailing away.

Thanks Dominic.

Beautiful image paired well with a beautiful song...always liked that Enya song!:clap:
They have some decent wind there...looks fun!
I used to love leaning right out too when sailing close to the wind like that...back in my sailing days!
Fantastic colours and a great feeling of the energy of nature.
I'm curious how you got the shot...were you chasing in another sailing boat?

Many thanks Gareth, I was on a boat after having a few hours on another island, it was quite breezy that day, and the sea was certainly wide awake, a fun day to be out boating!

Back