A bee and some insects

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Very nice, I wonder if the wasp is laying its eggs in something e.g a caterpillar or something in the plant. However the plant doesn't look big enough to have a large enough host.

Lovely shots Alf and that Scorpion fly is excellent although the butterfly is very nice too as it shows lots of detail (for a shot without flash)

Very nice, I wonder if the wasp is laying its eggs in something e.g a caterpillar or something in the plant. However the plant doesn't look big enough to have a large enough host.

Thanks David as far as I know they sense the victim from the oustisde and probe to find the victim
I am told the wasp is a parasitic wasp - subfamily Banchinae. maybe Lissonota sp.

Lovely shots Alf and that Scorpion fly is excellent although the butterfly is very nice too as it shows lots of detail (for a shot without flash)

Thanks Graham
I am happy with how the butterfly came and slightly surprised but the light was nice.

These are superb Alf, so much detail. Are these stacked, how do you get such a relatively large DOF?

Well done getting the first two to work Alf. I find dark subjects on buttercups really difficult. (Buttercups difficult in themselves, more difficult with a dark subject.)

It is #3 and #4 that really grab my attention. Super images both, and most especially #3 for me.

And the extras - another good scorpion fly shot, but here it is the butterfly that appeals most strongly to my eye.

These are superb Alf, so much detail. Are these stacked, how do you get such a relatively large DOF?

Thanks Toby
All single shots taken with my Oly E-M1 and 4/3 Sigma 105

Well done getting the first two to work Alf. I find dark subjects on buttercups really difficult. (Buttercups difficult in themselves, more difficult with a dark subject.)

It is #3 and #4 that really grab my attention. Super images both, and most especially #3 for me.

And the extras - another good scorpion fly shot, but here it is the butterfly that appeals most strongly to my eye.

Thanks Nick
I know what you mean about buttercups being difficult I was really pleased to get the shots I got of that parasitic wasp especialy
I dont see many butterflies and this one was not making it easy to get a shot.

It does look like of the wasp on the page.18 on your link.
I am seeing it on page 28 as Lissonata lineolaris and the shot of the female is amazingly similar.

Back